Thread: Mixing up TV-Tuner and Sound Card?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Mixing up TV-Tuner and Sound Card?

Hellooes!
    I haven't posted here in ages.

A while ago I reinstalled Ubuntu on my PC when I felt that Windows was about to give up. I'm glad I did.
    A lot of the applications I had on my Mac had equivalents on Linux, I was delighted and I haven't been needing Windows at all.

Up until recently everything was working fine, but now I think Linux is mixing up my Sound Card with my TV Tuner.
    When I call someone using Skype, it ends up airing white noise, however, if I've watched TV prior to that, it ends up airing the sound from whatever channel I was watching last.
    If I turn on the video calling function (despite the fact that I haven't got any webcam plugged in) it ends up airing video from that same channel.

It just started doing this randomly, and as I did some experiments, I discovered that it does this with all audio-input applications. (Sound Recorder etc,)

So I installed Pulseaudio device manager, and I discovered that my soundcard isn't listed under output devices.

If anyone could shed any light on the situation that'd be helpful!
    Thanks in advance
    /Joel
    I don't blame you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Mixing up TV-Tuner and Sound Card?

I still haven't managed to solve this problem It's really quite confusing.
    I don't blame you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Mixing up TV-Tuner and Sound Card?

Wow, really, nothing? It's quite frustrating to not be able to use my microphone.
    I don't blame you.