Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New brcm80211 driver guide for Broadcom wireless cards

Beans

Re: New brcm80211 driver guide for Broadcom wireless cards

Quote Originally Posted by burukuru View Post
    Having the exact same problem as alan2796.

Running bcm4313 on an eeepc 1015pem

I have a feeling I'm missing some includes but am not too sure. Anyone has ideas?
    I Solved this by upgrading to Ubuntu 10.10 I was on LTS

I Possibly did not need to do that might of worked if I had just downloaded the 2.6.35-23-generic kernel ?

However after that unless I did something wrong it didn't work for me. both drivers are in Additional Drivers lsmod shows the brcm80211 as loaded and i removed the Broadcom STA Driver and enabled the brcm80211 but no power light on the wireless card and dosent appear in iwconfig

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Unhappy Re: New brcm80211 driver guide for Broadcom wireless cards

I dont know put on disble the driver, help me please, the option in spanish is delete the driver... im scared.

Sorry for my english im from Colombia.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by alejov View Post
    I dont know put on disble the driver, help me please, the option in spanish is delete the driver... im scared.

Sorry for my english im from Colombia.
    Are you talking about the program that permits you to choose the driver for the card ? It's called additional drivers, or something like that in spanish. In that case, just press that disable/delete button

Beans

Just thought id give a update managed to get it working finally don't ask me how though !

had a few issues with the speed but as far as I know, card went into monitor mode, and connected fine no issues with dropping out or anything.

Also installed no problem onto a Backtrack 4 RC2 Persistent USB and seemed to be going into Monitor mode and worked ok.

if theres any more info I can give just ask.

Beans
    Distro

Hi guys, can i install build packages and download the Drivers (steps 1 and 2) with the proprietary broadcom driver enabled and after disable it and restart ... i only have wifi conection not lan...

Step 1.
    Install build packages
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential git-core
    Step 2.

Download the driver
    Code:
    Code:
    git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git 
    git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dwmw2/linux-firmware.git
    Thanks and sorry for my english
    Last edited by alejov; December 8th, 2010 at 11:45 PM.

Beans

I followed the instructions and it worked, the first time. After a upgrade it stopped working. I followed the instructions again but no change. Somehow it worked later that day again with no reason. Today after no updates and just a reboot it stopped working again. The driver always shows as active in the Additional Drivers tab but I really get an on and off with mostly off experience and I don't know how to diagnose where the problem is and how to fix it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by alejov View Post
    Hi guys, can i install build packages and download the Drivers (steps 1 and 2) with the proprietary broadcom driver enabled and after disable it and restart ... i only have wifi conection not lan...

Step 1.
    Install build packages
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential git-core
    Step 2.

Download the driver
    Code:
    Code:
    git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git 
    git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dwmw2/linux-firmware.git
    Thanks and sorry for my english
    Yes Download everything you would need a Internet connection for first then disable the Broadcom STA Build and install your new Driver

I would think you only need the STA Driver to be disabled when it comes to installing the modules ?

Code:
    sudo modprobe mac80211
    sudo insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/brcm80211.ko
    Code:
    sudo depmod -a
    Last edited by alan2796; December 9th, 2010 at 10:01 AM.

Beans

I followed the instructions in the first post and got WiFi working and was able to connect. However, the speed was almost half that of the STA driver, which already itself provides about half the speed I get on Windows 7 using the same laptop.

Also, the WiFi LED light on the laptop was turned off even though the WiFi was working, and when I tried to toggle WiFi using Fn+F3 the laptop hanged and I had to hard reboot.

I have the bcm43225 card on an Acer TimelineX 4820T, using Ubuntu 10.10.

Thanks for all your work Axx83, we really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Xirev; December 9th, 2010 at 04:49 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi i follow all instructions and the new driver work finally, but after restart i cant get load ubuntu 10.10 i select it in grub and get black screen, ubuntu dont load im writing from the other os Windows 7...

some body help me?

Thanks everybody!

Beans

I've upgraded to new git revision of brcm80211 but the BIG problem about the driver seem not eliminated yet :

While driver works fine for usual tasks, and even is possible to inject packets (it`s required to use latest compat-wireless & patch it though) with acceptable rates, the problem with current driver is that driver does NOT process/receive any data packet while working in RFMON. Beacon traffic are received but no data packet is handled.

Is it lack of RFMON implementation in current revisions, or a bug on my environment?(which I highly doubt, since others confirmed same problem)

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast