Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just want everyone in the Ubuntu Community to know

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: Just want everyone in the Ubuntu Community to know

Quote Originally Posted by poofyhairguy
    But the community here is much more. I would say that its more important than Ubuntu itself, or OSes in general. We have created a club of like-minded people committed to improving the world in the way we know best (aka something to do with computers).
    I haven't seen anything like it regarding computers.

Quote Originally Posted by poofyhairguy
    From the bottom of my heart, thanks Ubuntu fans. You are the best.
    And you especially, I'm always amazed by you and your contribution.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I wouldn't be using Ubuntu or Linux for a year straight if it wasn't for these forums. I've been helped so much, and finally have been able to help some other people. My transition from Windows was extremely chaotic, but these forums helped me get on the right track. Now, I've been able to get a bunch of my friends and family to convert to Linux (Ubuntu) and they love it! Thanks everyone.

Beans

The best Linux community by a long, long way. That doesn't happen by accident.

That's due to people like you, Poofy, and everybody else who helps us newbs transfer to Ubuntu without making us feel stupid.

Thanks to all of you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

i agree with everyone here. The truth is, everyone here is different, but we pool our strengths and cover our weaknesses, which is the hallmark of a true society. I don't think any of us can quite express in words how much this community has helped us, but for me the community helped me not just to learn GNULinux, but also to help in community-building, with the result that I now have the Headmaster's permission to officially start and head a computer club at school, which I intend to use as a platform to push OSS and general awareness about computers.

Beans

/me wipes a tear....
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Poofy, you pickle me pink like a summer wildflower caressing the cheek of a jolly schoogirl. lol
    Ubuntu pickles me pink like a summer wildflower caressing the cheek of a jolly schoogirl.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Amen. I'll admit, I'm not knowledgeable about Linux, or the differences between distros. I do know good people, though, and we've got 'em. And that's what keeps me here.

"Luminaries" like Poofy, Aysiu, Stormy, et. al., and the selfless help that they provide, and the amazing extent to which they give of their time and themselves. Ten-bean noobs, and the gratitude that they express when you can make their music play. The people do make it happen here, and above and beyond that, the people inspire me. Not just to be a better computer user, but to be a better person. If we treated everyone in the world the way we treat each other here, the world would be a better place for it.

Thanks, everyone.
    "We reject kings, presidents and voting. We believe in rough consensus and running code." -Dave Clark, IETF

Howto: Enable Restricted Media Formats - Add Extra Repositories Auto-Magicallly! - RTFM (pages) - Help Thyself!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 5.10

So many forums, the old hands are so quick to tell us "young 'uns" to RTFM - but here, the n00b asks her n00bish question that has probably been asked 10,000 times before, and the ones in the know will point her in the right direction - nicely, not making the n00b feel a fool. That's so appreciated when you're frustrated and confused and the obvious is out of reach.
    Current box: Viglen Genie, P3 800MHz, 128MB RAM, 20GB HDD. Dual booting Win2000 and Dapper

Check out my blog at http://heretogo.wordpress.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

[raised glass]

cheers!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Yeah our community rocks !