Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm getting a Wii Soon...

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm getting a Wii Soon...

Any Games I should check out? I'm mainly an RPG fan to be honest.

I already have a PS3 (120gb slim) as well.

What I will be getting with the Wii (I hope):

-- Tales of Symphonia (USED)
    -- Gamecube Controller (Yobo, New for 14 USD)
    -- Gamecube Memory Card

Anywhere you think I'd find a better controller for gamecube? Or memory for gamecube games? Or does the wii store gamecube games on SD Cards as well?

I know the wii (new) comes with the following:

-- Wii Console
    -- Wii Sports
    -- Wiimote and Nunchuck

and I already have AA batteries (Rechargable NiMH Energizer I believe.) I also already have this game: Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: I'm getting a Wii Soon...

So I'm guessing no one has a wii?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have a Wii, it is very fun. Try Wii Sports Restort & the Wii MotionPlus thingy...
    Lucid Beta 2 powered Studio 15 (Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz, 3 GB RAM, HD 3450) & Windows XP powered Scaleo E (Celeron D 3.06GHz, 1.5GB RAM, Intel GMA 915G). Please see Ubuntu Tutorials (my YouTube channel).

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Sports Resort is fun, but doesn't work as well as advertised
    Get Mario Kart. And Smash Bros if you're in to that.
    Ubuntu is not a mission. It is an operating system. If Windows or OS X works for somebody, good for them.

Beans
    Hidden!

I'll try to find a copy of brawl if I can, but new ones are hard to come by.

Beans

We have had a PS3 for two years and my 11 year old wanted a Wii for Christmas. I thought it was stupid, but I got it for him, anyway. And now I agree, it is a lot of fun.

He just got a Smash Brothers Brawl at Target, last night. He also has Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, Sports, Sports Resort, and something about Donkey Kong. He is playing them so much I can't use my TV to watch my new BluRay movies.

Tim

Beans

Brawl is fun, though a bit too dumbed down. Look up Brawl+. It's a mod for Brawl that balances the game quite a bit.

Anyway, Zelda: Twilight Princess is fun if you're into adventure RPGs. The Metroid Prime series is also very fun if you get the version that's been retooled for the Wii's controls. Super Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros are must haves. Even if you're not a fan of the genre. They're that fun.

Finally, its a Gamecube game, but Eternal Darkness is one of the most brilliant Adventure RPGs I've ever played. It'll play fine on your Wii.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Messed with a freind's wii some, but didn't like it. I'll just stick to the psX series.
    Laptop: MSI CR700, 17.3" WXGA++ 16:9 1600X900 NVIDIA MCP79MVL GeForce 8200M G 512MB shared, Dual core Intel T4200 2GHZ 800MHZ 1MB, 320GB SATA, 4GB RAM (max), 6.5lbs

Beans
    Hidden!

Call of Duty: World at War and Super Smash Bros. Brawl are excellent. I also liked Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime: Corruption.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Mario Kart Wii is a lot of fun by itself and it's probably the most fun I've ever had playing games with other people. I spent a couple hours with Super Mario Galaxy and it is also fun. The Harry Potter game is good if you like that sort of thing. Also, MadWorld looks good; it's at the top of my list.

You can get WiiWare and classic ports from the Wii Shop channel. World of Goo is the best available, and the catalog is always growing.

There are also a great number of homebrew apps and games that are fairly easy to install if you have an SD card.

Quote Originally Posted by Psumi
    Or does the wii store gamecube games on SD Cards as well?
    No.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast