Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: gtkpod won't load ipod

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: gtkpod won't load ipod

5th gen iPod working fine here with gtkpod. Without HAL and gvfs, too.

Beans

I was having the same problem after my update from heron to koala, but the fix for me was simple. In that I had forgotten to change the repository settings after I reloaded everything. From the edit menu go to repository/ipod settings then just fill out the info for your ipod. Oh and don't forget to save, I did.
    hope it helps!

Beans

That seems to have worked, Kryptor. Thank you. Now here's hoping everyone else here manages to fix their own problems (technical or otherwise )

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptor View Post
    I was having the same problem after my update from heron to koala, but the fix for me was simple. In that I had forgotten to change the repository settings after I reloaded everything. From the edit menu go to repository/ipod settings then just fill out the info for your ipod. Oh and don't forget to save, I did.
    hope it helps!
    After the update to Karmic Koala I have a similar problem with my Ipod. Gtkpod does not load anything. I followed your thread and I came across with the above mentioned post. Could you please explain step by step what you did, because I haven't quite understood the meaning of the post.

Ciao
    Gio

I found the menu that Kryptor suggested. I am now able to recognize the iPod. I have also managed toi upload files. However when I disconnect the iPod I can't find anythyng. it seems that I messed the database list or something like that. In fact when I re-connect it with gtkpod I can see every file.
    What is the proper configuration of the repo in gtkpod?

Thanks
    Gio

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thanks Kryptor! Solved my problem.

I have a new 160GB ipod classic and it only was able to load once until I read this post and checked the Edit menu and changed the settings. My mount point had changed so I had to change it back to

/media/ipod(or whatever your ipod is called)

as well as selecting the model of ipod.

Beans

giovannif did you click the "Save Changes" button that is next to "Load Ipod" on the main screen after loading your songs onto the Ipod? The way the gtkpod Repository Options menu is set up you probably have the settings right if you can recognize it since nothing will work unless you pick the correct mount point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptor View Post
    giovannif did you click the "Save Changes" button that is next to "Load Ipod" on the main screen after loading your songs onto the Ipod? The way the gtkpod Repository Options menu is set up you probably have the settings right if you can recognize it since nothing will work unless you pick the correct mount point.
    Yes I did. The funny thing is that I can see everything on the pc but when I disconnect the iPod, it seems there is nothing on the iPod.

I could fix this problem with the computer of my girlfriend which uses ubuntu 9.04. I connected the iPod and then used gtkpod with the same repository and preference configurations. Then I pressed "save changes" and disconnected. I could then magically see everything on the iPod, even the songs/videos that I loaded with Ubuntu 9.10.

I tried another thing: I used the program rythmbox to load just one song onto the iPod, and it happened exactly the same. When I disconnected it I was not able to see any song and I had to fix the problem using ubuntu 9.04.

Thank you for your help

Gio

Just for the sake of your curiosity I found this "bug report"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...od/+bug/461639

that describes the same problem I have, even though I use a classic iPod (Gb 160, B145) instead.

There should be an issue with how Rhythmbox, gtkpod and other similar program in Karmic are writing the database. Further investigation on it suggests that the problem is in libgpod4 0.7.2-1ubuntu1.

However the report suggest a solution for the iPod Nano only and I am still to find a way to make my iPod work.

Gio

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hello, for those of you guys still having trouble try this quick workaround and see if it works. I ran into this problem with my 5.5 gen ipod in 9.10. Pretty much rhythmbox was the only thing it could recognize it.

First of all unplug your ipod from your PC.

Then run this command in terminal, and plug in your ipod shortly after:

Code:
    killall -9 nautilus
    After you run the command and plug in your ipod, wait about 30 second (*important*) to wait. Then open up the run box by hitting Alt + F2 then type in "nautilus" with out quotations.

Then open up what ever program you want to manage your ipod with and *hopfully* it should recognize it. If it works, please keep in mind that you will have to do this every time you connect your ipod. I hope this helps most if not all of you still experiencing ipod troubles in karmic koala.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast