Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ie4linux "This site may harm your computer" Google says

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Question ie4linux "This site may harm your computer" Google says

I want to install IE on linux to be able to access OWA full interface.

Found this howto: http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/ies4linux

When I tried to download the script, Google search engine says "This site may harm your computer" and Firefox says "This web site at www.tatanka.com.br has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences."

Anyone knows if the script is not safe?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: ie4linux "This site may harm your computer" Google says

I get the same message and need answer to this question too...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Probably because it proposes to install ie6 and other software in an environment that it was not supposed to tun it, so some nice correct people have submitted a few "Beware of hackers" complaints. Probably just about that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I doubt it will harm your computer.

Beans

Visiting the site from my Windows PC my virusprogram issues an alarm and moves a file into quarantine
    I have a copy of the file needed toinstall IE6 but Ihave not been able toinstall - no files get downloaded. I then downloded manually but still I get a file corrupted when the VGX.CAB is to be extracted

edin9 is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c...atanka.com.br/
    Advisory provided by Google Safe Browsing Diagnostic page for tatanka.com.br What is the current listing status for tatanka.com.br? Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this website may harm your computer. Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 3 time(s) over the past 90 days. What happened when Google visited this site? Of the 23 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 13 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2009-10-20, and the last time that suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-10-20. Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including query-google.com/. This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26347 (DREAMHOST). Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware? Over the past 90 days, tatanka.com.br did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites. Has this site hosted malware? No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days. How did this happen? In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message. Next steps: * Return to the previous page. * If you are the owner of this website, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Centre.
    Last edited by edin9; October 25th, 2009 at 02:54 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Google's warning system incorrectly flags sites sometimes,this is ocassional due to banner advertisements.

I remember when another site I visit which doesn't even have downloads was flagged for just such a reason.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Also worth noting that any viruses/malware on such sites are NOT going to effect your Ubuntu system. If you share a Windows network or use pen drives that go into window system how ever it would be a good idea to virus scan your system after using such files

~Jeff

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

No, it IS infected! I got to it with my windows machine, bypassed the warnings, and my Avast showed a HTML:Iframe-inf threat.

Careful people!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

So, go on the web site but only with a *nix OS.
    Linux cheat sheet

If you can't afford to loose it, if you don't know how to get it back: back it up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast