Thread: SA Iburst modem problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Unhappy SA Iburst modem problem

Hi guys,

I've installed ubuntu on my home desktop and am trying to install the drivers. I managed to get the Iburst driver installed fine, but when i try and install roaring-penguin driver, i get a C compiler error. The problem i have now is that i can't connect to the Internet from my desktop only my laptop, which is wireless. How do i fix this problem, so that i can carry on the install?

Please help ASAP.

Thanks
    AN

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: SA Iburst modem problem

As i can see nobody has had this problem and no one can assist with this problem. I guess i'll stay with Windows then for my desktop. Mark Shuttleworth, being South African i wish you could look at this and assist other South African's like myself who are also having this problem.

Beans

1. Find a cellphone through which you can do emergency downloads
    2. sudo apt-get install libc6-dev g++

then complete the install.

if you are running 8.04, let me know if it works. mine broke after system updates.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 8.04 Hardy Heron

Why is this guy whining? I'm also from SA but you don't have to act this way, mark shuttleworth is from SA yes they know. But its not cool to make those going back to windows threats, no one's holding you here
    Behold! The internet...
    My god, it's full of ads.

Beans

ye but some support in to this would be nice search for some one who has actually solved this problem no one even connecting via Ethernet to iburst desktop modem is impossible lt alone usb? so maybe some-one who is as pissed off as that dude needs to threaten to get some help cause no one is really helping the issue's we have

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Quint_ishbuntu View Post
    ye but some support in to this would be nice search for some one who has actually solved this problem no one even connecting via Ethernet to iburst desktop modem is impossible lt alone usb? so maybe some-one who is as pissed off as that dude needs to threaten to get some help cause no one is really helping the issue's we have
    @M4Tic...I think anyone has a right to lift their opinion and gripe...this thread is nearly a year old, and no resolution, the iBurst USB modems just keep on not working up to scratch with even the 10.04 LTS release and latest "open source" linux iBurst drivers, I mean why does one have to re-install every time there's a software update? ... drivers without 'package management"???...I know the Ubuntu development programmers are busy and give their own precious time for development, but...Ubuntu is useless for iBurst U users if they cant connect. Seems one has to become a Linux Geek to make it work...
    Last edited by laylow45; November 9th, 2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: @