Thread: Menus are behind the windows

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Exclamation Menus are behind the windows

I saw one other post on this topic, but it was related to a banshee plugin. I'm not running banshee, however.

What's happening is probably something related to compiz, but until recently i haven't seen this issue. After logging on, i usually start with running evolution, firefox, and a terminal window. When i click on a menu item in any of the apps, them menu is being drawn behind the app window. I realized this with terminal, because i have transparency enabled. Even when i right click on one of my AWN icons, or on the desktop, then menu is drawn behind the dock and any open gui. My firefox bookmarks menu is long enough that i can see the bottom of the menu below the browser window. This problem has sort of "fixed" itself, but not always. At the present moment the problem is being persistent. The issue also appears to apply to any drop down menus within the browser. I just noticed that when clicking the prefix menu on this page.

Anyone else running into this problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Menus are behind the windows

bump

This is still an issue that fixes itself sometimes, but not others.

I've found out that the menus are being drawn behind ALL open apps, not just behind the one in focus. Terminal was in focus, on top of Firefox, but the menu lists are being drawn behind both windows.
    Last edited by sites; July 17th, 2009 at 05:43 PM.