Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: people that want to run window within ubuntu

Beans

Re: people that want to run window within ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by chriskin View Post
    also, please avoid the whole "anti-microsoft" state of mind, it is really bad. if you don't try all the options, and get the idea that linux is better, you are not really a linux fan, just a follower
    Some people just want to avoid proprietary software like the plague. Read almost anything by Richard Stallman and you will understand. Sometimes it's not about better, it's about principles and morals.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by brendend View Post
    Some people just want to avoid proprietary software like the plague. Read almost anything by Richard Stallman and you will understand. Sometimes it's not about better, it's about principles and morals.
    you failed to understand what i am saying, almost to the extent of being 100% out of topic

i said that bashing microsoft is not out goal but Understanding those principles and morals you said and Choosing Linux for that reason. Thus, what i said is the same thing Richard Stallman himself said.
    Taking the liberty to almost quote him , he said in an interview something like "having more people to join GNU/Linux is not really what is needed, having our users understand why GNU/Linux is better is."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by dawynn View Post
    Last I checked, not everything came ready for Linux. Problem is that Linux currently has apps for whatever each of the contributors has a need for. Unfortunately, that means 100 different text editors, and several instances of completely missing niche apps.

Let's welcome new users into the community and help them find the tools they need to switch, as the Linux software base continues to grow. Even if that means helping them find ways to run Windows programs within Linux.
    Completely agree with your view... infact find it refreshing and honest.

Beans
    Hidden!

I dual-boot Windows and Vista on my laptop, because it suits me to do so. I use some video editing software which does most of what I want that I paid good moeny for, and, sadly, it doesn't come in a Linux-friendly version, and doesn't run in Wine (the one and only time I tried installing it via Wine things didn't go so well). I opted for dual-boot over vritualbox for reasons of efficiency.

It's up to each of us to make up our own minds and to use what works for us.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lisati View Post
    I dual-boot Windows and Vista on my laptop,..
    Now - that I would consider as "taking the love for Microsoft to far"...

Try Linux - maybe Ubuntu. You'll love it...
    Regards

longtom

Moved to Community Cafe.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by smitty423 View Post
    To all as far as im concerned ubuntu should be the only thing on your machine and not a windows product in any case micro softs run with vista should be the case example for all to know what not to use and what problem you might have if you do.
    Just who do you think you are to tell me (or ayone else) what I should run on my machine? I have run Vista for over six months (now switched to 7) and never got any problem with it. If you did, the problem was most likely on your end, not Vista's.

This is RD material, by the way...
    Last edited by Bachstelze; June 17th, 2009 at 03:11 PM.
    「明後日の夕方には帰ってるからね。」

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12