Thread: Very weird graphics problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Very weird graphics problem

Hi,
    I just updated my Nvidia drives and restarted my system and now there is this weird glitch. About a half an inch of the left hand of my screen is located on the right side. For instance, right now to scroll down I have to take my cursor off of the screen to the left and it'll apear on the right where the scroll bar is.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Beans
    Distro

Re: Very weird graphics problem

Any help at all would be greatly appreacated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

With proprietary drivers there is only so much you can do. I would suggest fiddling with the settings in the nVidia configuration program and seeing if anything works.
    The number of living people on Earth today is not in the trillions. In fact, the number is much much smaller. Most people are too busy living in yesterday and tomorrow.

Beans
    Distro

I messed with the nVidia config file and I get it to work but I have to mess with it every time I start up my computer, its annoying but I guess since its proprietary I'll have to deal.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Beezleray View Post
    I messed with the nVidia config file and I get it to work but I have to mess with it every time I start up my computer, its annoying but I guess since its proprietary I'll have to deal.
    Did you just run nvidia-settings off the menu? If so you fell into the same trap I did. Instead open a terminal window and use gksudo nvidia-settings to change your settings. Then save settings and all should be fine the next boot up.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could just right click on a system menu and get a "Run with gksudo" similar to "Run as..." in Windows? Just a thought.

Beans
    Distro

At first I did it off the menu then I caught on and used gksudo, it still changes every reboot. I wonder if there is a script I can get to start on start-up and change it for me every time.