Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I being singled out?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Am I being singled out?

also keep in mind that just because you see such a message on the forums doesn't mean that the staff particularly approve of the content -- the infraction / warning history is not public for posts and historically a lot of the "but he was doing the same thing in that post" rebuttals in the Res Center pointed out posts that we've already taken action upon
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Beans

I think we need to step back from the brink. I believe we are not that far apart.

For something like a Forum its next to impossible to have hard and fast rules, there will always be circumstances that require a selective approach.

We need in my opinion have to apply a rule for this forum is everyone deserves to have a good experience here .

Yes mistakes can be made , I know for sure I make many mistakes, the best is to realize this , accept and learn.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    I think we need to step back from the brink. I believe we are not that far apart.

For something like a Forum its next to impossible to have hard and fast rules, there will always be circumstances that require a selective approach.

We need in my opinion have to apply a rule for this forum is everyone deserves to have a good experience here .

Yes mistakes can be made , I know for sure I make many mistakes, the best is to realize this , accept and learn.
    I'll let it go...just curious. Hypocrisies always bother me, though they should not. It's human nature.

@matthew: I'm not sure why you're being defensive. I wasn't attacking anybody, just honestly curious. The "troll" thing isn't going away (and if you want specific threads, just browse the Testimonials sub-forum...they're everywhere), and I understand that. Just trying to square the logic up.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. It's easy for little things to become big things online, and this is one of those little things.

As far as I'm concerned, the issue is resolved and put to bed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Post links to specific instances and we can talk. Vague generalities casually tossed around are not worthy of a response.
    As a final post on the matter, please see this thread.

In particular, this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joeb454
    Moved to Testimonials & Experiences.

Just as a side note: If the OP wants to continue trolling, let them, but don't offer support in this thread, that's not it's purpose.

If the OP realises that they can get great support by posting reasonably worded questions in the forums, then we can offer help
    "If the OP wants to continue trolling..." is the same as "If the OP wants to continue being an idiot..."

This is not to slight the moderator; I don't even know Joeb454. But you requested specifics. There they are.

Thanks again for taking the time to explain this to me. I imagine you guys deal with a lot of crap day-to-day, and I am humbly thankful and appreciative that you have been so patient.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Well I would like to point out that "trolling" is a colloquialism labeling his actions, and that it is not the same thing as calling someone an idiot, which is more or less just a direct insult on their intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by jdong View Post
    Well I would like to point out that "trolling" is a colloquialism labeling his actions, and that it is not the same thing as calling someone an idiot, which is more or less just a direct insult on their intelligence.

Like I said, I've let it go. I've learned a lot about the forums dealing with you guys, and I've even come to respect a couple of you.

It's an infraction point, meant, I'm sure, as more of a warning than any kind of "punishment".

Warning received.

Thanks again, especially to jdong and KiwiNZ.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12