Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sound has suddenly stopped working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Sound has suddenly stopped working

Quote Originally Posted by danmpem View Post
    Now it's just getting weird. I put a fresh installation of Ubuntu in, but it's still not working. Ubuntu recognizes the sound card, but nothing is coming out through speakers or headphones when running the sound tests. I put the card in another computer and it works fine. I don't think the problem is with my PCI ports because I have an ethernet card in one of them and it's working fine. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    This sounds exactly like what happened to me after I torrented the newest version - my computer suddenly forgot that I had a sound card, and even claimed it didn't exist!

What finally got my sound back? Using the older kernel, of all things. I've become a bit suspicious of the torrent I got, so I'm going to check the checksum of it (makes sure it hasn't been tampered with).

I hope your solution comes soon!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Sound has suddenly stopped working

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaKerik View Post
    This sounds exactly like what happened to me after I torrented the newest version - my computer suddenly forgot that I had a sound card, and even claimed it didn't exist!

What finally got my sound back? Using the older kernel, of all things. I've become a bit suspicious of the torrent I got, so I'm going to check the checksum of it (makes sure it hasn't been tampered with).

I hope your solution comes soon!
    Torrents can not be tampered with, otherwise it piece is discarded as corrupted. Torrents come with checksums so that they come in with even better accuracy than http downloads.
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12