Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hibernate not working in 11.04

Beans

Re: Hibernate not working in 11.04

Same here. Asus EEE PC 1005 HA.

:~$ lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 vga

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GME Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:27ae] (rev 03)
    Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device [1043:8340]
    Kernel driver in use: i915

Pain in my a. But at least the 20% on the right side works so i"m able to open a terminal and "sudo reboot".

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Same problem here, but I think it's more hibernating than recovering that isn't working. With my system hibernating happens way too fast to actually do anything useful. It takes less than three seconds. So it's pretty clear that ram isn't being stored to disk properly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Well I can't help any one with this problem because I have not moved to 11.04 yet. But with 10.10 & a AsuS 701 hibernate & Suspend works wonderfully well.

Good luck.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Anybody else seeing the commonality? I have this issue too on my Samsung Netbook. And most of the reported issues are also on netbooks.

I'm going to take a guess that it is the intel integrated graphics card found in these that's to blame.

I'll keep you guys posted if I find anything.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi

Have you guys tried unloading the graphics driver during hibernating and reloading it during thawing as part of the hibernate process. That may fix it.

Kind regards
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

Thinking about becoming an Ubuntu Member?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Frankiewizard View Post
    Well I can't help any one with this problem because I have not moved to 11.04 yet. But with 10.10 & a AsuS 701 hibernate & Suspend works wonderfully well.

Good luck.

You are smart. I just jumped in the newly released, and then found that its not LTS, Do you guys know of any way to go back to 10.10 cause "I see no important changes that worth staying on 11.04?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I downloaded the prereleased next kernel and the problem was fixed. It's just a matter of time until they officially release it and all will be well

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

lol its basically why would you need it when you have a 10 sec boot time..the devs obviously are focusing more on startup and shutdown..

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BSD_dad View Post
    +1 Toshiba NB305. Return from hibernate I get the right 20% of the screen works fine (full vertical) rest of screen black with some hash/snow at top 20%.
    I have exactly the same situation on a Toshiba NB305. It worked great on Maverick but started acting up on Natty. Does not matter whether I boot tickless (nohz=0 highres=0) or not.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Same problem, different laptop. Packard Bell EasyNote LJ61. My screen goes black, power stays on, and I can't get to the log in screen or anything.

Maybe switch back to 10.10 untill this is fixed?

EDIT: I've found this article, stating a hibernate problem in 10.10, is there anyone who can 'translate' what this article suggests doing? And is it similar to the problem here?
    Last edited by Soldier2580; May 28th, 2011 at 10:29 AM.
    Oh, no, no. I was just wondering if you could help me find my way.
    -Well that depends on where you want to get to.
    Oh, it really doesn't matter, as long as...
    -Then it really doesn't matter which way you go.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast