Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S.C. LoCo Charter (The Beginning...)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: S.C. LoCo Charter (The Beginning...) Here's an idea!

SC LoCo is a pure Democracy, Majority Rules!

If there is an idea about anything involving the group, its forums, website, wiki, the teams actions and involvements, structure, or any other aspect involving the group. It will be voted on by the group as a whole, and whether or not the idea is implemented will be determined by the outcome of the vote (after a specified time, decided upon by the group)

The voting will take place in the forum (or somewhere else decided by the group "must be decided and voted upon") after a specified time (proposed and decided by the group)

If and when a decision is made about the group, the passed idea will then be passed off to the sub-team involved (or affected by the idea) to implement the idea.

If an idea does not pass, it can be voted upon again at a later time if the group decides it wants the the idea to be voted on again at a later time. If the group as a whole votes down an idea and decides that it does not want it voted on again, then the idea is considered dead and cannot be proposed again.

If an idea is suggested by someone, it is the individuals responsibility to propose the idea in the forums or somewhere else (decided and voted upon by the group) and then the idea will be put before the group to to be voted upon and discussed in an allotted time period decided and voted upon by the group

The idea proposed must be described as clearly as possible in the following form:
    • The idea must have a clearly defined purpose to accomplish something for the group
    • The idea must have a time period proposed and approved of for discussion
    • The idea must list what it involves and which sub-team would be responsible for the implementation of the idea

This is just a rough suggestion proposed (or just thrown out there) by me, I am simply suggesting it at this time for discussion in the group to help build the group as a whole and to help move the group forward. I believe it must be discussed point by point by the group, and decided upon by the group. I am in no way trying to be pushy or otherwise, I am just trying to move the group forward by identifying an issue I think needs to be addressed and one I feel was called for by xarquid asking for ideas about the charter.

Now I feel like the idea is proposed and available for discussion in the group, and it is my opinion that the entire group, has their say on the idea. In accordance with this idea, I propose that this idea be submitted possibly as a "sticky" at this time, for the group to discuss, point by point, and to be voted upon at a later time by the group (if the group so decides to do so). If the group or anyone disagrees with the proposed idea, make it clearly stated in the forums or in the chat. I WILL NOT BE UPSET IF ANYONE DISAGREES!

I believe in the Code of Conduct and I believe that the proposals I have made do not interfere with it, but is clearly in the spirit of the Code of Conduct, and it is my intent with this proposal to help build Team South Carolina, and it is my attempt to give something back to the group and move the group forward.

Beans

Re: S.C. LoCo Charter (The Beginning...) Here's an idea!

Quote Originally Posted by recluse2 View Post
    SC LoCo is a pure Democracy, Majority Rules!

If there is an idea about anything involving the group, its forums, website, wiki, the teams actions and involvements, structure, or any other aspect involving the group. It will be voted on by the group as a whole, and whether or not the idea is implemented will be determined by the outcome of the vote (after a specified time, decided upon by the group)

The voting will take place in the forum (or somewhere else decided by the group "must be decided and voted upon") after a specified time (proposed and decided by the group)

If and when a decision is made about the group, the passed idea will then be passed off to the sub-team involved (or affected by the idea) to implement the idea.

If an idea does not pass, it can be voted upon again at a later time if the group decides it wants the the idea to be voted on again at a later time. If the group as a whole votes down an idea and decides that it does not want it voted on again, then the idea is considered dead and cannot be proposed again.

If an idea is suggested by someone, it is the individuals responsibility to propose the idea in the forums or somewhere else (decided and voted upon by the group) and then the idea will be put before the group to to be voted upon and discussed in an allotted time period decided and voted upon by the group

The idea proposed must be described as clearly as possible in the following form:
    • The idea must have a clearly defined purpose to accomplish something for the group
    • The idea must have a time period proposed and approved of for discussion
    • The idea must list what it involves and which sub-team would be responsible for the implementation of the idea

This is just a rough suggestion proposed (or just thrown out there) by me, I am simply suggesting it at this time for discussion in the group to help build the group as a whole and to help move the group forward. I believe it must be discussed point by point by the group, and decided upon by the group. I am in no way trying to be pushy or otherwise, I am just trying to move the group forward by identifying an issue I think needs to be addressed and one I feel was called for by xarquid asking for ideas about the charter.

Now I feel like the idea is proposed and available for discussion in the group, and it is my opinion that the entire group, has their say on the idea. In accordance with this idea, I propose that this idea be submitted possibly as a "sticky" at this time, for the group to discuss, point by point, and to be voted upon at a later time by the group (if the group so decides to do so). If the group or anyone disagrees with the proposed idea, make it clearly stated in the forums or in the chat. I WILL NOT BE UPSET IF ANYONE DISAGREES!

I believe in the Code of Conduct and I believe that the proposals I have made do not interfere with it, but is clearly in the spirit of the Code of Conduct, and it is my intent with this proposal to help build Team South Carolina, and it is my attempt to give something back to the group and move the group forward.
    Sounds great. We will have to put a time limit on "awaiting feedback" or votes from members. Just in light of things...and the desire to move forward. We can't wait on everyone on the launchpad list. I think a week or two maximum would be fine. Do you agree?

The problem with waiting on everyone (which would be ideal) is already 1/2 or 1/3 of the people are inactive, or have never seen the board, logged onto IRC or any communication medium. If anything, we are just waiting the 6 month limit or for them to drop off into "inactive" land. This kind of safeguard, really from a "Project Management" perspective would have to be put into place.

It's kind of out of regard for moving forward...do you see what I mean? That's the only conflict, but I think you would agree.

Sincerely,

Craig Huffstetler / xq / xarquid

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: S.C. LoCo Charter (The Beginning...)

I absolutely agree, When you have a volunteer group, and this is probably considered a "side project" by most people, and thats okay. getting people to participate in events or anything else is difficult.

This is pretty much just a statement of "the group is yours, build it and make it what you want" All I proposed is we can ALL vote and propose what we want. if you dont vote, then you chose not to participate, and thats okay, but if you want a say in what direction the group goes, or what we involve ourselves in, then participate freely with your ideas and opinions. and I intended it as possibly a way to acheive the participation, open forum for discussions and debate, and as a way to keep a record of what has taken place with the group and a way to see the direction of the group.

I guess that in the end, (which is my intent anyway) if a prospective member would look at the the history and records of the group. It would become obvious to them that SC LoCo is a place of freedom, and that they are welcome here. You can join and have your say, and we can all join together happily, and accomplish a great many things.

Beans

Re: S.C. LoCo Charter (The Beginning...)

Aye, great idea

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12