Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Netbook?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Smile Re: Netbook?

It Means "cathode-ray tube" it is one of the old big monitors.

I don't know about anyone else but I do more on my netbook than on my main computer, there is nothing other than games and burning dvds that I do on my main comp that I cant do on my netbook. So unless you are going to school for Multimedia Production a netbook should work great for you. As far as which one? The Acer Aspire One, Asus, and the Meso G are all great netbooks. Here is why I decided on the g Meso though.

Acer Aspire One : Great keyboard/quick/webcam/But unless you get the XP version it has a small solid state hard drive, and I will not give my money to Microsoft for a bigger hard drive.

Asus : I heard that they have pretty bad customer support, other than that pretty good reviews, also at the time I bought mine again the Linux version had a small solid state drive.

g Meso: Bigger Hard Drive (80gb not huge but enough for me), Ubuntu Pre-installed, Webcam, Price was cheaper at the time. There were alot of bad reviews about this product, which worried me a little, but I have had no problems with it. Their customer support is fast and good.

Beans

Re: Netbook?

Did you mean this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834204003

It's "deactivated".

How much was it?

And does it come in a different color?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by the3dman View Post
    Acer Aspire One : Great keyboard/quick/webcam/But unless you get the XP version it has a small solid state hard drive, and I will not give my money to Microsoft for a bigger hard drive.

Asus : I heard that they have pretty bad customer support, other than that pretty good reviews, also at the time I bought mine again the Linux version had a small solid state drive.

g Meso: Bigger Hard Drive (80gb not huge but enough for me), Ubuntu Pre-installed, Webcam, Price was cheaper at the time. There were alot of bad reviews about this product, which worried me a little, but I have had no problems with it. Their customer support is fast and good.
    Where else can I buy a "g Meso"?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Smile Re: Netbook?

Last edited by the3dman; December 5th, 2008 at 10:50 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by JR Tyner View Post
    My laptop's screen was damaged.
    It's fairly straightforward to replace your laptop's screen yourself.
    Usually you can pick them up cheaply on eBay.

In the UK the cheapest netbook is the Acer Aspire One, but you can get a reconditioned full size Centrino laptop with warranty for less.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Yeah, Id say replace the screen. I imagine it would cost about $50-$100, so you'd save alot.
    These days, my computers change so much, all I can say for sure here is ubuntu.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123