Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: openSUSE? Tempting...

Beans

Re: openSUSE? Tempting...

Quote Originally Posted by NightwishFan View Post
    Its not that simple for some of my less experienced friends and my family that depend on Linux. Normally I have to do it for them. Thats all. I am not saying it is hard, its just someone might say 'well DVDs work in Windows!'
    It's a similar process on Windows. To be able to play DVDs on Windows I had to purchase PowerDVD in order to have a codec. It applies to any OS because of the DVD encryption.

When 11.1 is released I will continue using KDE 3.5, I will switch to 4 eventually, probably when 4.2 or 4.3 is released, KDE 3 is good enough for now. I'm still using Kubuntu 8.04 on one of my computers because it has KDE 3.5.10 and once it's all running and configured Kubuntu isn't bad, it just needs more work then some other distros.

Beans

I've installed the latest 11.1 RC1 to my laptop and it works great. Everything was detected out of the box without issue. The same cannot be said for Ubuntu which has some sort of USB bug that affected my laptop. Much better KDE implementation than Kubuntu imho. And all the restricted stuff e.g. flash, libdvd etc is simple to install.

Beans

Did you try the KDE 4.1 release? If so How was it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

in opensuse 11.1,what will differ in the final release from the release candidate,can anybody tell me?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Vince4Amy View Post
    Did you try the KDE 4.1 release? If so How was it?
    It's great =) much better than Kubuntu implementation if you ask me.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mhh91 View Post
    in opensuse 11.1,what will differ in the final release from the release candidate,can anybody tell me?
    Apart from the bug fixes I'm not quite sure. I imagine we'll have to wait till the 18th to see.

Beans

It's great =) much better than Kubuntu implementation if you ask me.
    I tried Kubuntu 8.10 it's a really bad implementation. But is it better than Mandriva which offers the best KDE 4.1 so far of any distro IMO, but even that is full of random crashes with plasma.

Does OpenSUSE 11.1 do that?

I may still hold off and use 3.5.10.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by binbash View Post
    zypper is also good, not good as apt but it is ok.things i dont like at suse :

It does not have active community like ubuntu.You will miss that
    I dont like repos (community repos, everything)
    I tried Latest suse, and i think kubuntu is better than opensuse as kde distro.Even fedora 10 is better than suse
    BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA
    Excuse me while I laugh my *** OFF!!!!!!!
    rooffflllllllll

Beans

If you are talking about KDE distro's... there is No better distro than OpenSuse.. Afterall... Novell have Kde developers working for them to make sure that their kde implementation is spot on.... Opensuse has always had the Best Kde Desktop, Always will....
    Although, Mandriva do a good job too. Fedora's isn't bad... Kubuntu's is just plain Horrible. sorry.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by symon1980 View Post
    If you are talking about KDE distro's... there is No better distro than OpenSuse.. Afterall... Novell have Kde developers working for them to make sure that their kde implementation is spot on.... Opensuse has always had the Best Kde Desktop, Always will....
    Although, Mandriva do a good job too. Fedora's isn't bad... Kubuntu's is just plain Horrible. sorry.
    I agree that openSUSE has the most well done implementation of KDE. The integration is just excellent though I must confess last time I tried Mandriva was probably back in 1999 so I'm not sure how it is these days.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast