Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Interpid Sound Solutions

Beans

Re: Interpid Sound Solutions

Thanks for this thread markbuntu. Your "how to" worked great and I can now game and listen to music. I did get an error message from GNOME ALSA Mixer.

Bad key or directory name: "/apps/gnome-alsamixer/display_mixers/": Key/directory may not end with a slash '/'
    Bad key or directory name: "/apps/gnome-alsamixer/display_names/": Key/directory may not end with a slash '/'

The mixer opens and I can make changes. Being a seminoob, I was hoping someone could get me started on the fix.

Thanks
    Here we go again!

IntelCore i7-4770, 8Gb Corsair Vengeance,GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1Gb, Triple Boot Mint12, Ubuntu 12.04 & Win 7 Ulti

Beans

Thanks !!!

Beans

Smile Re: Interpid Sound Solutions

I am a real newbie and have a 'no sound' problem with Audacity. I use Hardy and would love to try this thread, but it was written in Nov 2008. Will it be outdated, or should I go for it? Thanks for any advice

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hardy has not changed much at all in the last year or so so this thread is still good. As far as audacity goes there is a note about that and hardy in the OP of this thread which you might want to look at if the OP here does not fix your problems.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=843012
    PMs will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 4.10

I will add my thanks here, followed your guide for Intrepid and I now have sound (after putting up with no sound for months!!) Thanks to you

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122