Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Beans

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

This'is first test "magick rotation" helper programm. It's for patched and native hp_wmi.

It's depend on pyinotify and pygtk for now.

This "release" is just for test - test it and say what wrong. Next uptade in few days (try to add quickstart, make some better look, icons, code clean...).

Install - just unpack ( example to ~/bin/ ), chmod +x, and run. It will auto add to you autostart (if it placed in ~/.config/autostart)

P.S. yes, it's writen not good
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi Red_Lion,

Seems to work fine. The notification pops up, CellWriter shows itself in tablet, and it added itself to ~/.config/autostart.

Nice job.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish

Hey Jerridan:

You may still be running with Compiz on. A quick way to disable it is to right click on your desktop and go to change background. Last tab on the right (visual effects) and you should be able to change it to normal or minimal.

Right now Compiz doesn't like to work in portrait mode. Hopefully that will be fixed later.

DT

Beans
    Distro

Hi Red_Lion,

Panel applet looks good too. Icon may be a problem because it looks like the restart icon. After an update requiring a restart, if I'm remembering correctly. Although it actually is the refresh icon. I've used the redo icon "/usr/share/icons/Human/48x48/actions/redo.png".

Also with Stylus, eraser, touch names (if null, not use), maybe (if null, not used) or (if blank, not used).
    Last edited by Favux; August 10th, 2009 at 03:10 AM.

Beans

(if blank, not used) will be more correct. Ehh... i know what in programm can see anover error in english - it's not well at me

What icon you choise for normal and disabled?

Beans
    Distro

Hi MisteR2, Red_Lion, Ayuthia, joutsen, and everyone

Please take a look at the launchpad bug where MisteR2 reported our hinge switch problem: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/344141 MisteR2 updated it on 7-19-09 with Matthew Garrett's patch to hp-wmi.c to separate tablet out from dock. And on 7-31-09 Leann Ogasawara responded. It I understand correctly the patched HP-WMI is going to be included in Kharmic!
    Marking this Fix Released for Karmic. Thanks.
    Wow! Attaway to go MisteR2!

Hi Red_Lion,

What icon you choise for normal and disabled?
    Which ones do you want to use?

Beans

I not know Icons in programm is just test - need choise better look

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi MisteR2, Red_Lion, Ayuthia, joutsen, and everyone

Please take a look at the launchpad bug where MisteR2 reported our hinge switch problem: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/344141 MisteR2 updated it on 7-19-09 with Matthew Garrett's patch to hp-wmi.c to separate tablet out from dock. And on 7-31-09 Leann Ogasawara responded. It I understand correctly the patched HP-WMI is going to be included in Kharmic!
    I just compiled 2.6.31-rc5 for Gentoo and found that the hp-wmi code was updated. The nice thing with Karmic is that for N-Trig users, the touch should work there, but it will be only missing one patch which can be included as a hid-ntrig.ko update instead of having to download the kernel debs.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Ayuthia,

Great, Kharmic should be good. And hopefully Ubuntu is going to include the HP-WMI. So far there doesn't seem to be much of a wacom.fdi update. That will be interesting to watch. Or if there is a n-trig.fdi. So far the linuxwacom is 0.8.3-2.

Hi Red_Lion,

I found a prettier 32x32 redo icon, "edit-redo.png", at "/usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/actions". For disabled I just colored it red. What do you think?

Green = go or active or normal

Red = stop or stopped or disabled

And redo always made sense to me. I want to "redo" orientation.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi jerridan,

Welcome to Ubuntu Forums!

I need a little more information. Which tablet pc do you have? Are you saying you can see the cursor move to the folder and when you click on it nothing happens until you rotate back to landscape (laptop) mode? Have you installed the auto-magic rotation stuff?
    I have an HP TX2500 tablet. So far everything else for the tx2000 has worked with this computer. I am using Jaunty. I do not have compiz installed at the moment - though I do plan on it, looks cool! I have installed the auto-magic rotation stuff. I changed the code as per Red_Lion's advice in order to flip the screen a full 180degrees, so I am not ever entering portrait mode. If you need any other info, just say the word.
    Yes, that is correct, I can see the cursor just fine, and it moves properly. But when I go to click on a folder, or do anything with the cursor for that matter, I will not see the effects until I flip the screen back. When I click on something multiple times, nothing happens, but when I flip back I'll see the folder opened several times! Strange huh?

Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast