Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Well getting the "Q" key working is what you wanted. So, oh well on the DVD key.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Well getting the "Q" key working is what you wanted.
    Yes and it would be nice to have it working in tabletmode as well, so I can switch between landscape and portrait mode.
    But I think I'll leave it for now.
    My tablet is acting like a tablet now. It's so great!!!

Beans
    Distro

Good, I'm glad.

Just found what the tablet/bezel button fix was. It's on this thread. GrooveTherapy was having the same problem and I suggested he update the BIOS. When he did it fixed it: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...9&postcount=57

He had a TX2000. I don't know if HP would still have the BIOS for the TX2500 posted. Do you remember if you have the latest one?

There may have been something about this on the TX2500 thread too. Hmmm.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Good, I'm glad.

Just found what the tablet/bezel button fix was. It's on this thread. GrooveTherapy was having the same problem and I suggested he update the BIOS. When he did it fixed it: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...9&postcount=57

He had a TX2000. I don't know if HP would still have the BIOS for the TX2500 posted. Do you remember if you have the latest one?

There may have been something about this on the TX2500 thread too. Hmmm.
    Thanks for the link.
    I think I've got the latest BIOS. I got a new motherboard this summer, and I presume that the tech-guy also updated the BIOS. But I'll check anyway.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Auto rotation works for my tx2510, but has anyone noticed that when trying to draw in GIMP while the tablet is rotated that the performance is terrible? There is a one to two second delay on drawing on GIMP, and it is with any x rotation script I have tried or written. Normal screen orientation there is no lag when drawing anything in GIMP however.

Beans
    Distro

Hi sukigenseki,

It's possible you need to turn decorations off. Are you using Compiz?

Also there's a known gtk/Gimp bug. The CPU gets overwhelmed by all the (excessive) events being sent by the stylus/eraser in Gimp. The way to determine if that is affecting you is to do a xsetwacom command before starting Gimp:
    Code:
    xsetwacom set "Device name" RawSample "20"
    The default is 4. If 20 helps decrease the lag, that's by definition the bug. "Device name" is the what you get for stylus from 'xinput --list' (in quotes).

You could also explore the issue by using TOP. Enter 'top' in a terminal and see what's consuming the CPU cycles before and after rotation.

Beans
    Distro

Changing the raw sample value makes an improvement for me; do you happen to know if there is a bug filed on launchpad for this? Thanks a lot by the way; it helps a lot to know where the problem is coming from. Top didn't show anything out of the ordinary for me, and trying Gimp using just Metacity doesn't make a difference.

Beans
    Distro

I don't know where the bug is posted. I think it may be on launchpad and other places. Alexia Death (a Gimp developer) is the one who told me about it. So it's well known. The Gimp folks have made partial fixes in Gimp, I don't know how many are in the current version. I gather they've had trouble getting the gtk folks to work on it on their end. Or at least that's the impression I got.

Beans
    Distro

Hello, I'm just going through the first post and have reached the key binding step. When I type

Code:
    gksudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    gedit opens xorg.conf, but it's blank. I'm using Ubuntu 10.10.

I'm somewhat new to this, so thanks for any help.

Beans
    Distro

Hi newtonthenewt,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

In Maverick the xorg.conf can be empty unless you are using a video chipset driver that needs it. For example the Nvidia proprietary driver would have installed one. You don't need to worry about that step since you have Maverick not Intrepid.

Configuration now occurs in xxxx.conf files in xorg.conf.d. Since you are in Maverick the wacom.conf would be at /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-wacom.conf, and if you needed to edit it you would use:
    Code:
    gksudo gedit /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-wacom.conf
    You can think of the .conf files in xorg.conf.d as sections of the xorg.conf.

What brand and model tablet pc do you have?

Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast