Page 22 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Beans

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Quote Originally Posted by synace View Post
    i can solve that one.. turn off compiz

that's the 'blur' issue.

system > prefs > appearance > visual effects > none

the scripts are supposed to toggle compiz vs metacity, but something must not be working on your implementation.
    I do believe I stated in my original post I do not run compiz. I've never installed it on this machine actually so that can't be the issue with mine.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi gothgirl,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums.

That's a weird one. Like you said it may be a distro thing.

Can you tell me what version of Catalyst your "fglrx" is from?
    Also which version of linuxwacom do you have installed? And which version of Xorg's Xserver?

Edit: By the way did you run the aticonfig command in Appendix 1 at the bottom?
    1> I'm guessing my catalyst is 9.6 as like Ayuthia I have ati-drivers-9.6 installed.
    2> linuxwacom is 0.8.3
    3> xorg server is 1.6.2

I haven't yet run the aticonfig will do that though and let you know the result.
    Last edited by gothgirl; July 19th, 2009 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Update:: I ran the aticonfig from Appendix 1 and it now works in Gnome.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi gothgirl,

Good deal! So the aticonfig fixed it.

I think that's the best rotation functionality a straight "fglrx" has managed. So Catalyst 9.6 seems to be an advance, rotation-wise.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

OK, I used Tom's deb package, wrote the script into ~/Desktop/.rotate.sh, made that executable, assigned the "Rotate Screen" key the command, and it works!

Only I lose calibration when it switches to the right.

I've added the -t to the wacomrotate in my startup apps, rebooted, and no change. I've added -f -t to it, and no change.

Any other place I should look?

Beans
    Distro

Hi Zuke24,

You don't need the -f and the -t, that was for an older version of the rotation daemon.

What do you mean you lose calibration? You have Intel graphics,correct?
    Code:
    lspci | grep VGA
    Are you using Compiz?

Beans
    Distro

I'm fairly certain I am, how do I tell? Yes, I have Intel graphics, though that command you gave me didn't do anything.

I guess I shouldn't say I'm losing calibration; rather, the touchscreen isn't rotating with the display. The display thinks it's turned 90 degrees, but the input has not. Again, I used Method 3

Beans
    Distro

Hi Zuke24,

Hmmm, it should give your video card.

OK, that's different. That means the xsetwacom commands aren't applying to stylus, eraser and touch. Sounds like the daemon didn't start up with reboot. Step 9) is still written for Intrepid or earlier. So like in Section 3 in the Kernel Driver HOW TO and the method it recommends for Jaunty I guess it would be:

In Jaunty go to System->Preferences->Startup Applications and click on add and for the command write
    "/usr/bin/wacomrotate" (without the quotes).

I would have thought just "wacomrotate" would work since it's in "/usr/bin". Let me know if it works and I'll change the HOW TO.

Beans
    Distro

Well, hell if I know what just happened! I restarted a few more times, and suddenly my button mapping was gone. Went back into compiz config, and the button mappings weren't enabled anymore. Enabled them, back, close, and suddenly it all works!

I've restarted twice since, just to make sure it stays working! Bizarre. Also, I never did put in the /usr/bin/" path in the startup. It works just with "wacomrotate".

Beans
    Distro

Hi Zuke24,

Good! So for some reason the Compiz key binding didn't kick in the first time. And all you need is "wacomrotate", which is the one part of it that makes sense.

Beans
    Distro

No, the key binding was working (hitting the key DID rotate the screen). It just seems that part of the actual script wasn't working. Oh well, for whatever reason it works now. I'm not going to overthink it!

Now for the challenge of getting the fingerprint reader to work correctly! Does this ever stop?

Page 22 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast