Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Beans

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi jpeter55,

This sounds like the same problem in Jaunty. The 10-wacom.fdi is not parsing the wacom device names correctly.

The wacom devices won't rotate unless in a terminal:
    Code:
    xsetwacom list
    returns their names: stylus, eraser, and touch.

To see what HAL/dBus is calling them enter:
    Code:
    xinput --list
    Is touch working for you?
    Thank you so very much for your help with this. Touch is not working for me, and there is no output from "xsetwacom list". I can't seem to deduce from the "xinput --list" command what I should enter for stylus, eraser, and touch. I've posted the output from both these commands to this email. Could you perhaps take a look and give me a little guidance? It would be great to get this working.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi jpeter55,

Yes, it looks like the .fdi problem. What HAL is calling your devices is:

stylus = "Wacom ISDv4 93"
    eraser = "Wacom ISDv4 93 eraser"

You also have entries for cursor and pad which you don't have, and none for touch which you do have. Your entries are also duplicated which I don't understand. Did you try a custom_wacom.fdi or the wacom control panel on launchpad? If so remove them and reboot. Back up your current wacom.fdi. If you need help with that let me know. I'd appreciate it if you attached the default 10-wacom.fdi like you did your output.

My suggestion would be to try the 10-wacom.fdi we came up with. Read "Jaunty Users" near the top here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...12#post6546012 And then follow the link in 1) to gali98's "Jaunty HOW TO" in post #104 to here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...038949&page=11

Given the default linuxwacom drivers in Karmic, which I think are 0.8.3-2, you can and should skip Section 1). Just do "Section 2: Creating the Fdi File" for now and reboot. See what happens to touch and the "xsetwacom list" command.

Beans

That worked! All I needed to do was replace the fdi file. Not sure why... I didn't alter it upon installation. Thanks again.

Beans
    Distro

Hi jpeter55,

Great! Nice job. You're welcome.

Could you attach your backup of the default Karmic 10-wacom.fdi?

Now with xsetwacom returning the correct names you need to set up wacomcpl. See "Section 3: Calibrating your Tablet PC.: here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...12#post6546012

Beans
    Distro

Hi everyone,

Here's Magick Rotation 0.3-3

Download the attachment onto your desktop. Extract it. Open the Magick Rotation 0.3-3 folder. Instructions are in the Magick-README.txt included in the folder.

Edit0: This version, 0.3, incorporates Ayuthia's debugging tool which can now be run from the command line and from the gui. It also has more cosmetic improvements. I think it looks pretty good now. Since there is "significant" change to the code, all in all, I think bringing it out as version 0.3 is justified.

Edit1: Since there have been only 5 downloads of 0.3 I substituted 0.3-1 for it rather than do a new post. There are no functional changes, just cosmetic. Magick 0.3-1 now has borders for the Setup and About windows. With the border for the About window the OK button doesn't look quite so hideous so I finally moved it there, where it "belongs".

Edit2: While there have been 10 downloads of 0.3-1 I decided to substitute 0.3-2 for it. There have been no functional changes. Magick 0.3-2 has stock gtk buttons and the About button moved back to the setup window. This should be the "final" look.

Edit3: Magick 0.3-3 now has a GPL, gali98's check for '~/.config/autostart/' and if not mkdir code (e.g. the directory can be absent in clean install), and a minor cosmetic improvement. I decided to put it side by side with 0.3-2 so you can use .3-2 as a fall back if there is a problem.

Edit4: This is a first pass to get Magick Rotation working in Lucid. Magick Rotation 0.4-beta1 installs just like previously, so read the READ ME file from the previous version as the beta is unaccompanied by the rest of the package. Remember to right click on your current version and tell it to quit before installing the beta.

To get your devices to rotate enter 'xinput --list' in a terminal. Find the device names that correspond to stylus, eraser (if you have one), and touch. In Advanced Setup enter them in the corresponding input box at the 'The stylus, eraser, and touch entries' section without the quotes. Note there may be a bug using the Lucid default wacom.ko (from linuxwacom version 0.8.4-4(?)). Stylus and touch may be called the same, namely "Wacom ISDv4 93", for TX2500 & TX2000's. So for at least touch use the ID number. It should be bigger than the stylus ID number. If you've compiled and installed the linuxwacom 0.8.5-12 or 0.8.6-1 wacom.ko this should have been fixed.

The new line of code adding/allowing the quotes to the Device Name entered in the input box courtesy of Ayuthia.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Favux; May 11th, 2010 at 12:16 AM.

Beans

I'm so sorry... after I got the new fdi file working I deleted the original. Thanks for the tip about wacomcpl... I'll try to get that going right now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Magick rotation works great on a tx2 with karmic, also with fglrx and compiz running
    Thanks favux and all the others for the efforts put in!

I attach recent released karmic packages (0.8.4.1) with the n-trig patch included.

Beans
    Distro

Hi tekknokrat,

I'm glad Magick Rotation 0.3-1 is working for you! And thank you for the kind words.

I linked your patched 0.8.4-1 linuxwacom deb.s to the HOW TO. Thank you for posting them.

Beans

hi favux, I haven't been there for a while!
    I'm now getting to work on my new karmic 32 bits install... I have the microphones working (ootb), loud and clear sound (ootb), webcam (ootb), all the tablet stuff working including touch and eraser calibrated, with the "how to" for karmic, got compiz to work and the ATI driver is installed, and finally got rotation from the new magick rotation python script!!! that's really wonderfull thanks a lot for your time and your investment! Like in every good story there's always a "BUT", when I rotated the screen to each one of the orientations I can choose from the magick rotation's setup, I can't get my stilus to write something clear in Xournal!! It's like my grand pa was trying to write something! If you know what I mean. Is there anything to help me?
    Just for the record, I've got the "xinput --list" command and the "xsetwacom list" command showing me the same output stilus eraser and touch in every single place they had to appear...

Beans
    Distro

Hi manu7irl,

Great to hear from you again! Sounds like you're about there. Thank you for your kind words about Magick, it's been fun.

It sounds like you did the aticonfig command in Appendix 1 in the Rotation HOW TO. Are you trying to rotate with Compiz on? ATI still can't handle Compiz when rotating. You need to turn it off first.

Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast