Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Good!

That's been a long standing problem with Xournal which is why the touch toggle scripts are at 5 a) and then the evdev commands are at 5 b) at the N-trig HOW TO.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Good!

That's been a long standing problem with Xournal which is why the touch toggle scripts are at 5 a) and then the evdev commands are at 5 b) at the N-trig HOW TO.
    Now everything works great! I should really have read your tutorial more carefully.

Thank you for being so knowledgeable and warm-hearted!

Beans

Hi, I'm running tx2000 in 10.04

Just tried rotation scripts and auto-rotate using ID numbers to identify touch, pen and eraser.

In both cases the pen works fine. The touch on the other hand appears in the correct position while I make contact with the screen, but on release the cursor jumps to the opposite side of the screen to the position if the rotation had not occurred.

Any suggestions

cheers.

Beans
    Distro

Alright, in Lucid do you have the default wacom drivers. In other words you have what came installed and didn't compile anything?

Beans

Yea. Its all working out of the box. The only changes I have made is the script to calibrate the touch and pen separately.

Beans
    Distro

That should mean you have the default Lucid 0.8.4-4 wacom.ko and 0.10.5 xf86-input-wacom.

I didn't realize the pointer jump bug was present with touch on rotation. I filed a bug report on linuxwacom 0.8.5-9 on it and it was fixed by about linuxwacom 0.8.6 or 0.8.6-2.

If it's the same thing it is basically cosmetic. The arrow returns to your finger as soon as it's back on the screen correct?

If so I'm not sure it's worth your time to compile linuxwacom 0.8.6-2 or 0.8.8-4 for the wacom.ko and end up with a non-stock system. Up to you.

Beans

The touch does not function properly when in rotation, its not just cosmetic.

As far as I can tell the equivalent of pressing the mouse button in occurs in the correct position. The event of releasing the button appears to occur on the opposite side of the screen.

I am able to drag windows around the screen, but often they jump to a new position when the finger is released. Clicking of buttons is not a performable operation, either in the correct position, or by lining up the finger in the position on the other side of the screen

Beans
    Distro

OK. Then you probably need to compile newer wacom drivers. See I. and II. in the Bamboo HOW TO or the linuxwacom HOW TO.

Beans

I ran through those steps.

NO change, although I'm not sure if it worked correctly, I did it wile watching the World Cup game so wasn't paying much attention. Is there a way to check the wacom driver version?

Beans
    Distro

Is there a way to check the wacom driver version?
    I don't think so. Unless they just added it to xf86-input-wacom. I believe they might have added a way to check xsetwacom version. Check 'man xsetwacom'. But I don't think it's a valid proxy.

Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast