Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Hi Pericius,

For the TX2000 only 2 of our 4 bezel keys show up in xev. The TX2500 is about the same, 1 of 3? Anyway we bind rotation to one of the working keys, we've nicknamed it the Q key.

Apparently the wmi or hp-wmi needs to be coded for the missing keys. Red_Lion was on the track for that and looked like he was getting close to figuring it out.

Beans

After hours of installing windows 7 I can now say it works with Windows...

So I can say it's not a hardware problem...

I will now install again Ubuntu 10.04 (but this time the amd64 Version, last time I choose the x86 version)

But it still do not work, if I rotate back it stay a long time to 1 and so it don't rotate back...

I hope somebody has an idea what it can be...

Does nobody have the same problem?

Andreas

Beans
    Distro

Hi Andreas,

When you had Windows installed (I hope you still do and are dual booting) did you check to see if you have the latest bios from HP?

You're the first one to report this problem. The few other 2710p's didn't mention a problem. In fact the tester thanked in Magick had a 2710p.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    When you had Windows installed (I hope you still do and are dual booting) did you check to see if you have the latest bios from HP?
    Yes, I have now dual boot, for testing

I have the latest BIOS, because I had a BIOS from 2008 and I installed yesterday the latest version

OK, That's not the problem... I will look in de driver code, I'm a developer... I hope I will find the problem...

Thank you for your support! (And if you or somebody else have an Idea write it, I will test it)

Andreas
    Last edited by AndreasB123; September 6th, 2010 at 09:52 AM.

Beans

I found out what's the problem, but no real solution yet...

I looked into the driver code, I didn't understand all the code, but I saw its waiting for an IRQ, then it reads the state again.

But I don't get an IRQ, but if I turn the display, and then press the Power Button, then it gets the IRQ and also rereads the Tablet status, so I know a workaround for the moment...

But I'm wondering that only I have this problem

Andreas

Beans
    Distro

Assuming you don't have pynotify on your system why would the state function parser be hanging? When you place your cursor over the Magick rotating green arrowing icon in the upper right notification area while in landscape do you see "Normal mode"? We did have some systems hanging early on.

Beans

Your Python script works correctly! Sorry if I didn't write clear enough...
    I get the notification Bubble, but only if I press the power Button...

The problem is the driver, it don't read the state, you read the file /sys/devices/platform/hp-wmi/tablet, which is create by the driver, and the problem is that the driver did not update the file. (Because he may didn't get the IRQ, I don't know)

If I press the Power Button the driver updates all states, incl. the tablet state, and changes /sys/devices/platform/hp-wmi/tablet, which is read by your script, and then it works...
    (If somebody has the same Problem, press the Power Button)

Andreas

Beans
    Distro

Hi everyone,

Here's Magick Rotation 0.5

Download the attachment onto your desktop. Extract it. Open the Magick Rotation 0.5 folder. Instructions are in the Magick-README.txt included in the folder.

This version uses Ayuthia's new xrotate.py python rotation script. This enables evdev rotation for TX2z's with touch on the evdev driver in Lucid and Maverick. It also eliminates the need for manually entering your "Device names" in Advanced Setup.

Enjoy.

Edit: Removed extra tab/indent on two lines. Prevented rotation for at least one user. So far 23 downloads.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Favux; October 2nd, 2010 at 05:36 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi everyone,

Here's Magick Rotation 0.5

Download the attachment onto your desktop. Extract it. Open the Magick Rotation 0.5 folder. Instructions are in the Magick-README.txt included in the folder.

This version uses Ayuthia's new xrotate.py python rotation script. This enables evdev rotation for TX2z's with touch on the evdev driver in Lucid and Maverick. It also eliminates the need for manually entering your "Device names" in Advanced Setup.

Enjoy.

Edit: Removed extra tab/indent on two lines. Prevented rotation for at least one user. So far 23 downloads.
    Thanks a lot, your scripts works, but I've got a problem. I own an hp compaq 2710p and the script works in it when I rotate the screen, but when I turn it to it's original position it remains rotated.

Do you know how can I solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro

Hi albandy,

Did you add some commands to Advanced Setup? If something is hanging it would prevent it from rotating back.

Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast