Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Hi cak3,

pressing it again to re-enable it has a keycode of 201, the same the the 'Q' button had
    Weird. Mine is 201 and it was 205 in Hardy before it disappeared with Intrepid. Did you run the Key code Addendum at the bottom of the HOW TO?

I'm assuming the "hotkey-setup" program will be a different version in Jaunty. I thought it was a version change that disabled my Q key in Intrepid.

The SSD sounds very kewl. And I think we're all very interested in Jaunty. Especially with the new version of X breaking the video drivers and all. What does it do to linuxwacom? They say they've updated 0.8.2-2 to support it. I guess you'll find out. Should be exciting!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yea, thats how I got the buttons working initially (using the addendum). Ill try running it again to see if it will get them working at all again, I could have reset that with all the messing around I did.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Hey everyone.

To answer a previous question, yes I'm running Intrepid.

Jumped back into vista not too long ago. Tried a few USB sniffing programs, SniffUSB seemed to work best ( for free at least ). Nothing on the log when sniffing wacom for the button activity. I tried to get it to sniff the keyboard, but for some reason it was saying the USB HID item was disconnected...

Aside from that I took a look at the keyboard driver. Apparently it's set up with support for quick keys. And in Device Manager where it normally gives information about USB manufacturer and model numbers, I saw something that looked like the keyboard had some ACPI stuff hooked into it (pnp0303?).

Maybe if someone can dig around in the windows keyboard driver specific to this model that may provide some clues (I can't at this time due to other obligations).

That's what I've got for now.

Later all!

Beans
    Distro

Hi MisteR2,

Thanks for keeping us posted. Sounds like a good first pass.

Beans
    Distro

Hello again.

Sooooo.. started playing with i8042 debug mode (apparently the chip that all keyboard presses pass through) and got activity from dvd and media key, none from the rotate or gear key.

So now I'm going down the acpi path, using acpidump and related tools, with no idea how to use them.

I'll let you all know if anything else pops up.

Lat.

----------------------------------

EDIT:

After digging around in the ACPI dumps, there is a Tablet LID Switch Event. Found button presses for brightness, etc. but nothing directly pointing to the other two buttons that currently don't work.

2nd EDIT:

Started checking into /proc/interrupts. The count for acpi increases when laid into tablet mode, but it doesn't increase when buttons are pressed. Not discouraging, but doesn't help on the button issue. Also, does anyone here know how to add another ACPI event? (for the tablet switch)

3rd EDIT:

Anyone know about keycode 465? Highest one I could find, and may explain something.
    Last edited by MisteR2; February 28th, 2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: New finds

Beans
    Distro

Hi MisteR2,

The keycode 465 is paired to e001 in "/var/run/hotkey-setup". The next two highest are e008 387 and e00e 389. You're right, that's interesting. Two other hotkey-setup files are "/usr/share/hotkey-setup/hp-tablet.hk" and "/etc/init.d/hotkey-setup".

As previously mentioned I've checked xev and acpi_listen and looked in "/var/log/messages". I also installed "discover" and looked with that.

Two commands:
    Code:
    lspci -v -nn
    may want to put "sudo" in front of lspci, and:
    Code:
    lsusb -v
    I want to emphasize that just because I couldn't find anything doesn't mean it isn't there. I could have been looking right at the critical info and not recognized it!

Good work. I do not know how to add another acpi event. Keep looking!
    Last edited by Favux; April 3rd, 2009 at 05:16 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Took a bit deeper of a look recently. Something called Windows Management Instrumentation. There's a kernel module for it's support (WMI), but I don't know if the module has support for the buttons we have. It's description up on MS's website Link fits what the button does in vista.

Lat.

EDIT:

Module called hp-wmi. Modprobed it and nothing so far.

EDIT2:

Okay. Decompiled the DSDT for this computer. The screen swivel signal is definitely sent through WMI, The regular lid switch has no reference to WMI. This is where I say things need to be pushed further. At this point do we file a bug or ...?

EDIT3:

A possible starting point may be the TC1100 WMI driver included in the kernel. Only problem is it doesn't show up in the menuconfig for the kernel because it appears to be restricted to x86.
    Last edited by MisteR2; March 3rd, 2009 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Deeper Digging

Beans
    Distro

Hey MisteR2,

Great thread on the TC1100 by phenest and Aearenda:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=tc1100

As far as I know they use a rotation script bound to a button also. No automagic rotation. They do have some code that gives them all their buttons.

Beans
    Distro

Hi MisteR2,

I was wondering if this makes any sense to you. In the Side Buttons section (i.e. the bezel buttons) of this link:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=tx1000
    Is another link to quickstart the ACPI Direct Application Launch driver for Linux:
    http://quickstart.sourceforge.net/
    Last edited by Favux; March 16th, 2009 at 01:48 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Hey everyone. Sorry about the absence. School stuff has been ramping up lately.

Anyways, Favux, thanks for the links. The quickstart application would be useful, for booting into different distros, say hit the DVD or quickstart button (backwards rotating circle) to boot into netbook remix or whatever you feel like. It actually deals with another ACPI "feature" introduced by Vista, known in ACPI-land as PNP0C32.

Unfortunately, the buttons and hinge switch we have deal with PNP0C14.

But the quickstart app may be a more reliable way of reading button events. I still have issues of the quickstart button I use going out after the computer is put to sleep (I had bound it to a rotation script).

I'll look into it.

Also, I'm still looking into making a request for help to get the switches into the hp-wmi module. if anyone has any ideas on who to contact about that it would be greatly appreciated!

Lat.

Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast