Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Beans

Post Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Thanks again for your help !!!! I'm flying tomorrow, so probably I will try to do some testing with the touch calibration, while bored at the airport (Actually, I want to play Battle for Wesnoth with my finger ).

I do have some questions:

1) Where did you get the numbers (for bottomy,bottomx, topy and topx) ? from wacdump ?

2) I can't get xev return a value for the "Q" key. BUT, I don't originally have a "keyboard" section in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

3) I had some problem with the ATI drivers, when reproducing video the are where the video is reproduced 'flash' or 'blink' (I'm not sure how to decribe this). Has anyone found a similar problem ? Because of that I guess I'm running radeon drivers (how can I verify this ? Again no information in xorg.conf ) . I any case I'm not running Compiz, so where/how can I specify the link between the key value (once I have one) and the command-to-run (I see that System->Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts allows me to edit setting but no to add )

4) If I'm reading correctly the xorg.conf file specify the same event for stylus and for eraser. Can you set up the eraser (the back of the stylus) to trigger a right-click and the stylus to trigger a left-click and activate the rotation script with the button of the stylus ?

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi DrakeGis,

If the touchscreen on the TX2000 and TX2500 is capacitive, which I believe it is, I have touchscreen calibration.

The xsetwacom parameter "Capacity integer (1 -5)" sets the touch sensitivity level for capacitive touch device (default is 3 for capacitive tools, -1 for none capacitve tools). Add it to your /home/username/.xinitrc like so:
    Code:
    xsetwacom set touch bottomy "3969"
    xsetwacom set touch bottomx "4028"
    xsetwacom set touch topy "215"
    xsetwacom set touch topx "140"
    xsetwacom set touch Capacity "1"
    etc. . .
    I just tried the numbers between 1 and 5, restarting X in between. Not quite as much variation as I would have expected, but 1 seems the most sensitive.

Give it a try and let me know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Hi DrakeGis,

No the numbers were in /home/user name/.xinitrc where I was telling you to add "xsetwacom set touch Capacity "1"" to the touch section. They should have been generated when you did the wacomcpl part of gali98's tutorial. I just included them so you could see what the touch section looked like and where to put Capacity.

Did you see the addendum in the Rotation HOW TO where I talked about activating the keys? This is the xorg.conf keyboard section for a TX2500:
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
    	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
    	Driver		"kbd"
    	Option		"XkbRules"	"xorg"
    	Option		"XkbModel"	"pc105"
    	Option		"XkbLayout"	"dk"
    EndSection
    You could just add this to your xorg.conf and reboot.

If in System>Administration>Hardware Drivers you don't have the ATI proprietary driver activated then you're running on Xorg's "radeon". Also the video section in xorg.conf would have "fglrx" in it (the proprietary ATI driver). If you're not running Compiz then you should be running metacity. I think you can do the same keybinding stuff with it, and like Compiz metacity's editor would be in System>Preferences. But since I'm not using it I'm not sure.

As to the rescripting/redirecting of the stylus etc., I don't know. I never thought to try that.

Beans
    Distro

Hi,

I thought I'd add another rotation script. Might be useful to those with other types of tablet pc's.
    Code:
    # Simple rotation script

if [ -f /tmp/rotated ]; then
            xrandr -o normal
            xsetwacom set "stylus" Rotate none
            xsetwacom set "touch" Rotate none
            xsetwacom set "eraser" Rotate none
            rm -f /tmp/rotated && exit 0
    else
            xrandr -o right
            xsetwacom set "stylus" Rotate CW
            xsetwacom set "touch" Rotate CW
            xsetwacom set "eraser" Rotate CW
            echo 1 > /tmp/rotated && exit 0
    fi
    Also stuck it on as an attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hi Favux (and anyone else who wants to chip in),

I've almost gotten the rotate thing working, with one problem. After rotation, although the stylus behaves appropriately, it is about 2 cm off.

I tried to calibrate it with the screen rotated, but the lower right calibration box is off of the actual screen.

And application windows, when maximized, also flow off the screen.

So it appears that when rotation occurs, something isn't recognizing the the new screen dimensions.

I'm running a clean Kubuntu installation, 8.10, on an HP TX2510us. I'm using the same xorg.conf file that I was using previously in Ubuntu 8.10, which worked correctly.

I am using XRandR to rotate the screen, and the daemon to rotate the stylus. I'm attaching my xorg.conf file, in case that is of help to anyone.

Thanks for everyone's help. This is the last stage in what has turned out to be an interminably long conversion process (but then again, aren't they always?)

Beans
    Distro

Hi Docaltmed,

I'm not sure what the poblem is. You could run more of your stuff through HAL, commenting it out in xorg.conf.

Adding "radeon" to your video section instead of "ati" might be worth trying to fix the rotation problem. I'm going to attach a TX2500 xorg.conf. Compare it to your current xorg.conf side-by-side in a text editor. Maybe you'll spot something.

For future reference I have xorg.conf's attached to the bottom of the rotation HOW TO.
    Last edited by Favux; December 31st, 2008 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Oops! Looked at the wrong xorg.conf

Beans
    Distro

Hi Docaltmed,

I thought I'd mention KDE does not use Compiz-Fusion like Ubuntu/Gnome does. It uses kwin it's own aiglx/compositing tool integrated into it's window manager. This may be part of your problem.

ATI on 12-31-08 released a bunch more 3-D driver stuff to open source. Hopefully this will make for rapid advancement of Xorg's "radeon" drivers. Also I've seen folks mention a "radeonhd" and "radeonhd-c" driver for r5xx and r6xx chipsets. I'm not sure that applies to you, but it's worth checking out.

Beans
    Distro

Hi everybody,

Since gali98 hasn't updated his tutorial in two months I took the liberty of posting my "version" with the latest Linux Wacom Drivers. If there are errors please let me know (and be kind). It's at:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...12#post6546012

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

latitude radeon driver working well.
    i used the xrand command from the first post.
    i will try the scripts later.
    thanks!

cellwriter is nice....

Beans
    Distro

Hi yurtboy,

Good! If one of the scripts or Tom Jaeger's wacomrotate work for you could you please post back. I would greatly appreciate it.

Is that a Dell latitude with multitouch? A N-trig digitizer?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Here is the script that is working well.
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

# Find the line in "xrandr -q --verbose" output that contains current screen orientation and "st$

rotation="$(xrandr -q --verbose | grep 'connected' | egrep -o  '\) (normal|left|inverted|right) $

# Using current screen orientation proceed to rotate screen and input tools.

case "$rotation" in
        normal)
    #    -rotate to the left
        xrandr -o left
        xsetwacom set stylus rotate CCW
        xsetwacom set touch rotate CCW
        xsetwacom set eraser rotate CCW
        ;;
        left)
    #    -rotate to inverted
        xrandr -o inverted
        xsetwacom set stylus rotate HALF
        xsetwacom set touch rotate HALF
        xsetwacom set eraser rotate HALF
        ;;
        inverted)
    #    -rotate to the right
        xrandr -o right
        xsetwacom set stylus rotate  CW
        xsetwacom set touch rotate CW
        xsetwacom set eraser rotate CW
        ;;
        right)
    #    -rotate to normal
        xrandr -o normal
        xsetwacom set stylus rotate NONE
        xsetwacom set touch rotate NONE
        xsetwacom set eraser rotate NONE
        ;;
    esac
    I did nothing to alter it and it works fine.

I did have a question thought, I do not see a screen calibration tool. I tried wacomcpl but that just gives me a control panel to change some settings not a place to calibrate the pen to the screen. The reason I ask is cause when I wake from suspend the point is usually off by an inch or so and worse as you get to the top of the screen. I noticed others had this problem too.
    Thanks again for all your work making the script.

Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast