Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Hello Favux et al,

Great resource here, thanks for the all the work!!!

I have an HP Tx2000 running Karmic.
    I have read through this posts here and perhaps have missed a step or am confuse on driver/script needed
    I am able to use the stylus with cell writer and xournal just fine in landscape mode.
    I was able to install the magick rotation and it recognises the hinge switch and announces tablet state just fine and launches cell writer, but desktop stays in landscape orientation.

lsmod returns both hp-wmi and wacom, however wacomcpl opens with no devices and xsetwacom list does nothing??
    Like I say, I think I missed a foundation step along the way
    Thanks again

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi cgul1,

Thank you. From the sound of it you are using the Karmic default 10-linuxwacom.fdi which is why "xsetwacom list" is empty and wacomcpl and the xsetwacom rotation commands don't work. You could either use the new-generic rc1 .fdi attached to the bottom of the linuxwacom HOW TO (instructions in Section 2 b) or the .fdi in gali98's HOW TO linked near the top in "Jaunty (9.04) & Karmic (9.10) Users". The direct link to gali98's HOW TO is here.

Either should work for you.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi cgul1,

Thank you. From the sound of it you are using the Karmic default 10-linuxwacom.fdi which is why "xsetwacom list" is empty and wacomcpl and the xsetwacom rotation commands don't work. You could either use the new-generic rc1 .fdi attached to the bottom of the linuxwacom HOW TO (instructions in Section 2 b) or the .fdi in gali98's HOW TO linked near the top in "Jaunty (9.04) & Karmic (9.10) Users". The direct link to gali98's HOW TO is here.

Either should work for you.
    Favux,
    thanks so much, 'xsetwacom list' and 'wacomcpl' both return expected results!!, but I still do not get rotation.
    I tried both of the how to methods above. I still have tablet functionality with xournal and cell edit. Desktop visual effects set to 'none'.
    Thanks for you help and patience.

Beans
    Distro

Hi cgul1,

Are you using the default Karmic linuxwacom version 0.8.4-1? Which video drivers are you using for your Nvidia card?

Beans
    Distro

Hi cgul1,

Are you using the default Karmic linuxwacom version 0.8.4-1? Which video drivers are you using for your Nvidia card?
    Favux,
    I went through the how to in this thread to install the linuxwacomm update 0.8.4-4, according to EnvyNG video driver is 185.18.36-0ubuntu9. Looks like a newer version is available on teh Nvidia site, but not sure that would help.

How can I verify the linuxwacom version installed??

thanks again for all the help and patience

Beans
    Distro

Hi cgul1,

Not a problem. I agree, I'd hold off on updating nVidia. I'd just use the version with Karmic.

I am able to get rotation with linuxwacom 0.8.4-4 and nVidia in Intrepid.

No way to determine the linuxwacom version except by looking at the downloaded linuxwacom file name.

Are you sure you didn't use 0.8.5-x? Starting with linuxwacom 0.8.5-4 and up rotation has been broken.

Or it's possible you have a version conflict if you didn't manage to completely remove the default 0.8.4-1 before installing 0.8.4-4. Why did you update 0.8.4-1? I thought that offered complete support to the TX2000 in Karmic.

Beans
    Distro

Hi cgul1,

Not a problem. I agree, I'd hold off on updating nVidia. I'd just use the version with Karmic.

I am able to get rotation with linuxwacom 0.8.4-4 and nVidia in Intrepid.

No way to determine the linuxwacom version except by looking at the downloaded linuxwacom file name.

Are you sure you didn't use 0.8.5-x? Starting with linuxwacom 0.8.5-4 and up rotation has been broken.

Or it's possible you have a version conflict if you didn't manage to completely remove the default 0.8.4-1 before installing 0.8.4-4. Why did you update 0.8.4-1? I thought that offered complete support to the TX2000 in Karmic.
    Favux,
    Rechecked all, redid some, then realized I skipped updating my xorg.conf file.
    DOH! Works great now! and hey it was fun and educational trying to troubleshoot.

Thanks so much for all the help

Beans
    Distro

Hi cgul1,

Great! You're welcome.

Right now I think nVidia proprietary is only video driver that needs the xorg.conf in Karmic. Good catch.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I must be cursed.

I lost my automagick rotation. It is starting up. The icon for it is in the systray. But when I rotate the screen, nothing happens.

I tried changing the configuration, e.g., having it rotate the other way -- still no response.

I enabled logging, but it has not created a logfile.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Using RandR by itself, screen rotates ok (without corresponding cursor orientation, of course)
    Last edited by Docaltmed; December 13th, 2009 at 01:32 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Docaltmed,

Well, there was a kernel update along with other stuff Friday. Maybe that knocked something out.

Have you checked to see if hp-wmi is loading?:
    Code:
    lsmod | grep hp-wmi
    Hopefully it didn't knock out Python!

Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast