Thread: Hardy Heron last upgrade kernel 2.6.24-22 gdm problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Hardy Heron last upgrade kernel 2.6.24-22 gdm problems

Hi to you all, i've a HP Pavilion 6870 with ubuntu hardy heron installed. After last upgrade (this morning) i've changed in menu.lst the links to te new kernel (i've choose use original menu grub file after installation) but now the graphical sistem can't start, in syslog i've found:

gdm[6111]: CRITICAL: gdm_config_value_get_bool: assertion `value->type == GDM_CONFIG_VALUE_BOOL' faiiled

what can i do? i'm using kernel 2.6.24-21 because i haven't problem with this...
    thanks, Paolo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: Hardy Heron last upgrade kernel 2.6.24-22 gdm problems

up! no one has an idea?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I had a similar problem when I upgraded to "-22", after I login, I just got a white screen. I realized my graphic server was having problems with the upgrade so I booted back to my previous version "-21". Un-installed my ATI driver. Re-booted into "-22" which did work this time and then re-installed my ATI driver (using Envy) while logged in to the "-22" kernal. I rebooted a third time, to get "-22" and ATI drivers loaded and it all worked.

Beans

not sure if it's the same problem you're experiencig (i'm on kde !), but ...
    on one computer, after upgrading to -22, kdm was not longer starting (it used 99% cpu forever)
    i didn't do much trouble shooting, simply restored /etc/X11/xorg,cong fom my beloved backup and all is working fine now.

on a second pc the upgrade to -22 worked flawlessly.

Auguri, Paolo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Mine is doing the same thing with the white screen. I also have ati drivers installed. I guess I will have to boot the previous kernel and go through the same process.