Thread: need some wine help

Beans

Question need some wine help

I am currently trying to convince my school that linux is better then windows to people there so that it can be used in the library.Currently the only problem is i cant get microsoft office to install.I am aware open office is basicly the same thing except the only thing is there every one doesnt want change from Moffice. so i am trying to get office to install with wine but i keep running into trouble with it finally installing.Currently there are two students one being myself that use linux regularly to do school work.if u wish to visit me at the school its calais high school. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Beans

Re: need some wine help

Try following these instructions, I haven't installed it myself though:

http://www.wine-reviews.net/microsof...all-guide.html

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rshnike View Post
    Try following these instructions, I haven't installed it myself though:

http://www.wine-reviews.net/microsof...all-guide.html
    hey thx ill be trying it monday decmber 1st.hopefully this works im eager to get linux more into in my school only me and one other technician use it.any other programs would be great as well

Beans

Use open office. Similar programs, easy to install. Why waste your time.
    Ubuntu Rocks My Socks.
    Holy Shiznit, That Was Grody, You Bizach.
    Ubuntu Will Feast Upon Your Entails And Devour Your Soul.
    corribcastle.googlepages.com/nightingalegamesinc.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

If they've already paid for Windows licences, run Windows in a virtual machine for those applications that they can't be without. It doesn't seem like a library would be running applications that need access to the bare metal of the computer.

If you're likely to meet significant resistance from users that expect Windows and won't accept anything else, give them Windows.
    None but ourselves can free our minds

Beans

i did do some more work with it. i did just set up open office it is basically the same just people complain about using new things. I didnt manage to get it to register in the "registry" but putting a system 32 windows dll's helped alot when i installed World of Warcraft although its running very horrible right now.