Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] Keyboard don't work no more!

Beans

Re: Keyboard don't work no more!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdork33 View Post
    Hitting F6 a couple times will toggle the numlock mode. Also, I believe that problem is fixed if you update.
    F6 didn't actually work for me. I found that solution (fortunately) before I started messing with xorg.conf at all, and it didn't work. Also, I just ran Update-Manager about a week ago. Is this a recent update?

I may have fixed the problem. How, I'm not sure. I just reset Xorg.conf (with the line of code provided in the comments of it) and the keyboard seems to work. However, I've only tried it after logging out then in again.

And, on a related note, I'm still getting the error message. I'm a little leery that it is indeed "fixed," as I had a USB keyboard hooked to it at the time. I'll test a bit more later to find out for sure.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by teamjh14 View Post
    And, on a related note, I'm still getting the error message. I'm a little leery that it is indeed "fixed," as I had a USB keyboard hooked to it at the time. I'll test a bit more later to find out for sure.
    The error message has to do with the keyboard selection in gnome and the keyboard config in xorg are different. (It is actually not a big issue, but it is annoying.) You just need to set the keyboard selections the same in both gnome and xorg.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdork33 View Post
    The error message has to do with the keyboard selection in gnome and the keyboard config in xorg are different. (It is actually not a big issue, but it is annoying.) You just need to set the keyboard selections the same in both gnome and xorg.
    You rock. Everything works awesome! With all the help you've given me, Cyber, I feel like you should be my Ubuntu mentor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12