Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Wii Remote in Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (8.10)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HOWTO: Wii Remote in Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (8.10)

This guide didn't work for me. I press 1+2, but wminput doesn't recognize the Wiimote. I'm not reinstalling Intrepid from scratch just for this; in Hardy, it worked.
    GAVEL (custom desktop): E8400 @ 4.04GHz * Radeon 4850 in CrossfireX * EP45T-EXTREME* 4GB DDR3-10666 @ 1350MHz (CAS 7)* X-Fi XtremeGamer* Patriot Torquex 128GB SSD
    OUTLAW (custom laptop): P8400 @ 2.26GHz * 2GB DDR2 RAM * Kingston V-Series 64GB SSD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by elgilicious View Post
    This guide didn't work for me. I press 1+2, but wminput doesn't recognize the Wiimote. I'm not reinstalling Intrepid from scratch just for this; in Hardy, it worked.
    If you upgraded from Hardy forget about it...98% of Hardy->Intrepid upgrades end up in wiimote disaster...

You could check two things:

1. Go to Synaptic and search for libbluetooth if you have versions 2 and 3 (most probably) uninstall both and reinstall libbluetooth3 only...

2. Double-check your wiimote's bluetooth address and make SURE you're root when using wminput commands...

Report back!
    7$]-[!8@\|//\Rr!0|2!!!
    =D>
    My Little Ubuntu Blog!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'll accept that an upgrade sometimes leads to functions being left behind, but there has to be a way to reverse it. I hope somebody finds out how, especially given that many of us upgrade rather than clean install.
    GAVEL (custom desktop): E8400 @ 4.04GHz * Radeon 4850 in CrossfireX * EP45T-EXTREME* 4GB DDR3-10666 @ 1350MHz (CAS 7)* X-Fi XtremeGamer* Patriot Torquex 128GB SSD
    OUTLAW (custom laptop): P8400 @ 2.26GHz * 2GB DDR2 RAM * Kingston V-Series 64GB SSD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by elgilicious View Post
    I'll accept that an upgrade sometimes leads to functions being left behind, but there has to be a way to reverse it. I hope somebody finds out how, especially given that many of us upgrade rather than clean install.
    Well, did you try what I told you?...

I've been wiimoting in ubuntu for months now and everytime I see/hear someone upgrade 9specially from Hardy to Intrepid) the wiimote's libraries go berserk and problems start arising everywhere...sad but true...

If the libbluetooth3 is not your problem you might need to interact with intrinsic x.org files and that won't be pretty. Remember that Intrepid's X.org is different than the one on Hardy, so many input devices need to be configured differently...including wiimotes sometimes...

7$]-[!8@\|//\Rr!0|2!!!
    =D>
    My Little Ubuntu Blog!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I did all of that, and none of it worked. All Intrepid upgraders should file a bug report.

Beans

Hello, I recently wrote a python script for IWBs based on Lee's concept.
    Source, win32 exe, a deb and docs are here . Please post your feedback.
    I haven't really tested on MacOSX so if anyone dual boots I'd be grateful.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Is ıt possıble to gıve a command that when I twıst the Wiimote, the screen changes (xrandr -o left, right, etc), lıke ın an iPod?

—Ilhuıtemoc δ

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

That would be awesome! But sadly not possible as far as I know of...

As far as I've read/seen accelerometer/IR tracking/movement is only for mouse cursor movement, I haven't seen any way to link commands to movements...

I'll keep you posted if I find anything.
    7$]-[!8@\|//\Rr!0|2!!!
    =D>
    My Little Ubuntu Blog!

Beans

Hey guys - I keep reading that its possible to get the wiimote working as a joystick (for say emulator programs such as GFCE UltraX).

But I'm at a loss as to where you make that happen in any of these guides.

I have no problems getting the bluetooth adapter address and getting the wiimote working in the gui tool as well..

Anyone have a step by step guide to getting the wiimote working as a joystick?

Thanks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bioshake View Post
    ...Anyone have a step by step guide to getting the wiimote working as a joystick?
    I didn't get around to doing some wiimote research last weekend. - Where I was going to post about this.

As the upcoming weekend is longer for me than most weekends, I should have some more time to play around with my wiimote, and note my discoveries.

I have gotten it to work as a joystick before, and from memory it wasn't too hard to get going.

For now, you may learn how to do it from reading through this thread:-
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=5232024
    - There's a lot of pages there, and a lot to wade through, and you'll need to experiment as well.
    ... Or you can just wait a week, and I'll hopefully have the answers you seek.

- Rhubarb.
    Work smart, not hard.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast