Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toshiba NB 100 problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Angry Toshiba NB 100 problem

Hello !

I have just buy a new netbook, a Toshiba NB 100 111 (Windows XP version)
    I have buy the XP version for install directly linux on, i just choose it for big memory, bluetooth etc.

The 110 version with preinstall Ubuntu seems to work very well, all function keys work.

But for the moment, on my intrepid fresh install, I can get working fan,screen for example.

I can't so enable cooling and my netbook is hot.

If someone buy the 110 version, i would be happy to have a feedback of all tweak and settings I must do.

Or if someone can simply say me where I can get the toshiba ubuntu ISO ?...

Thanks to help me
    My Website : www.atlas95.com !

Beans

Re: Toshiba NB 100 problem

Quote Originally Posted by atlas95 View Post
    Hello !

I have just buy a new netbook, a Toshiba NB 100 111 (Windows XP version)
    I have buy the XP version for install directly linux on, i just choose it for big memory, bluetooth etc.

The 110 version with preinstall Ubuntu seems to work very well, all function keys work.

But for the moment, on my intrepid fresh install, I can get working fan,screen for example.

I can't so enable cooling and my netbook is hot.

If someone buy the 110 version, i would be happy to have a feedback of all tweak and settings I must do.

Or if someone can simply say me where I can get the toshiba ubuntu ISO ?...

Thanks to help me
    You can install Ubuntu Remix with the NB100 options, the only thing I could not get to work is the bluetooth sue the lack of a way to activate it.

The rest work perfectly, fans, suspend, etc.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonome View Post
    You can install Ubuntu Remix with the NB100 options, the only thing I could not get to work is the bluetooth sue the lack of a way to activate it.
    '
    The rest work perfectly, fans, suspend, etc.
    I also have a toshiba nb100, i tried installing ubuntu eee but the install program couldn't find my main hard drive. So i made a fresh ubuntu 8.10 install but it was a pain to get the wireless lan working and the integrated mic on the notebook doesnt work either. it is also a little slow.

Where can i find the install for the ubuntu remix? thank you.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by jaureguiramirez View Post
    I also have a toshiba nb100, i tried installing ubuntu eee but the install program couldn't find my main hard drive. So i made a fresh ubuntu 8.10 install but it was a pain to get the wireless lan working and the integrated mic on the notebook doesnt work either. it is also a little slow.

Where can i find the install for the ubuntu remix? thank you.
    http://www.canonical.com/projects/ubuntu/nbr

Scroll to the bottom of the page for the download link, but I would read the page on the way down.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ispyamoose View Post
    http://www.canonical.com/projects/ubuntu/nbr

Scroll to the bottom of the page for the download link, but I would read the page on the way down.
    Thank you but i was actually looking for the very same version that comes preinstalled in this notebook, i want the ubuntu drivers for this specific netbook.

Beans

Hi, I too am looking for the Toshiba Ubuntu ISO.

jaureguiramirez can you point me in the direction of how you got the atheros wifi working - I am having no luck.

Beans

To install a working version of Unbutu Remix you have to download and install on a USB drive, after installation of Ubuntu Remix all should be working except Bluetooth.

To add the fan control, the LCD control, OSD Display and toshiba customziations you have to add to your apt repositories the following
    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/payson/ubuntu hardy main
    deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/payson/ubuntu hardy main
    Code:
    and them install with
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo apt-get install oem-config toshiba-conf toshiba-extras-bin toshiba-nb100-manual toshiba-osd-bin toshiba-osd-userspace toshiba-payson-unr

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sammyd View Post
    Hi, I too am looking for the Toshiba Ubuntu ISO.

jaureguiramirez can you point me in the direction of how you got the atheros wifi working - I am having no luck.
    I used this tutorial: http://www.ipako.net/2008/11/instala...intrepid-ibex/

it's in spanish, but all you need to do is download the drivers and enter those simple commands.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jaureguiramirez View Post
    I used this tutorial: http://www.ipako.net/2008/11/instala...intrepid-ibex/

it's in spanish, but all you need to do is download the drivers and enter those simple commands.
    I do not recoment to install Ubuntu Intrepid, because you loose the cpu optimization and power management included in the lpa version of ubuntu remix based on 8.04-1.

WIth Ibex I got 2 hours on battery with UNR iI got 3 and a half. Btw all work with out issue with UNR including wireless.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonome View Post
    To install a working version of Unbutu Remix you have to download and install on a USB drive, after installation of Ubuntu Remix all should be working except Bluetooth.
    You mean that i can only run it from an USB drive? Can't it be installed in the main hard drive?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast