Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu debs for Handbrake GTK GUI now available

Beans

Ubuntu debs for Handbrake GTK GUI now available

Handbrake has released a new update 0.9.3. They have included ubuntu binaries for the GUI. Check it out!!!
    [Arch + KDE]

Beans

Re: Ubuntu debs for Handbrake GTK GUI now available

Any idea if these debs will work on Hardy? =] Currently at work and unable to find out for myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by *snip*
    I love it when people stop trying to help me and I just uninstall ubuntu because of it . . .

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by notwen View Post
    Any idea if these debs will work on Hardy? =] Currently at work and unable to find out for myself.
    They are working fine on Intrepid (encoding some stuff now and not having any problems with Handbrake itself) and I dont see any reason for it not to work on Hardy.
    Today we have 15 minutes of fame, tomorrow 15 minutes of anonymity.
    My Blog | Veza - Opensource TinyURL clone with sensible URLs

Beans

Apparently Handbrake depends on libxcb-render-util, which isn't in the standard repositories for Hardy. Run 'ghb' from the command line to see the error.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Talking Re: Ubuntu debs for Handbrake GTK GUI now available

I have to say, the new handbrake 0.9.3 is really good. I would usually use OGMRIP to rip my DVDs to Xvid. With the new handbrake I have less errors plus it seems to be much faster. If your a Intrepid user I highly recommend using it if you do any DVD ripping. Thanks Handbrake, here is the website to download the package.
    Something zero possible is nothing! oh yea, hit me up if you need help on ICQ with ubuntu....

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by mageus View Post
    Apparently Handbrake depends on libxcb-render-util, which isn't in the standard repositories for Hardy. Run 'ghb' from the command line to see the error.
    it shouldent......cuase i have been compiling from source for and it works fine
    Jabber: markgrandi[at]gmail.com

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    it shouldent......cuase i have been compiling from source for and it works fine
    I was referring to the current precompiled binary .deb on Handbrake's website.

I prefer to use debs (or even better, repos) for software since they're easier to update.

Only reason I haven't switched to 8.10 is that the switch to HAL input kills my trackball functionality.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

good news, i love handbrake

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The new 0.9.3 release of Handbrake is pretty awesome -- it takes most file formats now as input. As far as generating H.264 content for portable devices like the AppleTV/iPod or PSP, IMO HandBrake is one of the best tools for the job. The predefined profiles are very reasonable and shouldn't require much user tweaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mageus View Post
    I came a cross the same issue. Anyone knows how to solve this. I tried to install in the synaptics to install something very a like.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast