Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble getting B43-fwcutter

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Trouble getting B43-fwcutter

I have not taken a look at the code for Hardware Drivers (jockey I think) in a while, but it sounds like the activation might have just unloaded and reloaded the module. I could be wrong though.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    I have not taken a look at the code for Hardware Drivers (jockey I think) in a while, but it sounds like the activation might have just unloaded and reloaded the module. I could be wrong though.
    I wouldn't be surprised. I had previously gotten fwcutter on my machine, but without being able to get wl_apsta-3.130.20.0.o, it couldn't work fully. Once I had all the files, it worked like a charm.

John

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi, I seem to be having a similar problem. Activating it with the restricted driver manager did not work so I built fw cutter as per the instructions and copied the firmware to /lib/firmware/ yet it still won't find my network. iwlist eth1 scan says nothing found. Any idea what else I can do?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroedout View Post
    Hi, I seem to be having a similar problem. Activating it with the restricted driver manager did not work so I built fw cutter as per the instructions and copied the firmware to /lib/firmware/ yet it still won't find my network. iwlist eth1 scan says nothing found. Any idea what else I can do?
    Can you post the results of:
    Code:
    lspci -nn
    lshw -C network
    It will help us identify which chipset you are using along with giving us some information about what you wireless card is trying to use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12