Thread: Bug in Xubuntu 8.10 - Xfce Volume Control

Beans

Bug in Xubuntu 8.10 - Xfce Volume Control

Wondering if anyone is experiencing the same bug?

The Xfce volume control in the top-right panel seems to disappear on me even though I keep adding it manually every time this happens.

EB

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Bug in Xubuntu 8.10 - Xfce Volume Control

Quote Originally Posted by ethan brand View Post
    Wondering if anyone is experiencing the same bug?

The Xfce volume control in the top-right panel seems to disappear on me even though I keep adding it manually every time this happens.

EB
    It has happened to me several times, right now it's disappeared and I can add it to the panel as many times as I want and it never shows up again. It happened to me in Xubuntu 8.04 before as well, but I could always put it back at least. It is very annoying. It's convenient to have it available on the taskbar.

I have found no solution, so far. Did you move your volume icon from where it was originally or add other icons to the taskbar on either side of it because I did and was wondering if that was the issue. I would hate to have to reload xubuntu, just for the volume control, but don't know what else to do.

It doesn't seem that others have this issue or that it's important to them as I haven't found any other posts about it, nor have you recieved an answer to your post. Seems like others would have experienced the problem, unless maybe it's somehow sound hardware specific. Maybe this second post will draw a response. Good luck. Later... cos
    Everything I know is subject to revision, especially those things I know about the truth.

Free Source means Freedom, the Freedom of choice, the Freedom to grow, and the Freedom to breath, so exhale deeply.....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Bug in Xubuntu 8.10 - Xfce Volume Control

I don't know how to fix this issue but what I do instead is install GNOME ALSA Mixer and use that. This works flawlessly and also gives you more control over your soundcard than the Xubuntu volume control.
    AMD Athlon64 X2 5600 on Abit KN9 Ultra nForce 570
    2GB Corsair TwinX DDR2-800
    Gigabyte ATI HD4850 1GB on ASUS PW201 20" WS LCD
    Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit / Wintendo

Beans

Smile Re: Bug in Xubuntu 8.10 - Xfce Volume Control

hey guys

had the same problem too, just found a solution on the web:
    just drag the volume control icon from the list of available items onto the task bar, now it should appear there again. klicking the add-button did not work for me (weird bug?)

found it over here:
    http://xubuntu.wordpress.com/2007/08...r-system-tray/

regards