Thread: Full Screen YouTube Choppy and Laggy

Hybrid View

Beans

Question Full Screen YouTube Choppy and Laggy

Hey everybody,

Got a bit of an issue with my flash player on YouTube. Videos play fine unless put into full screen, where the video becomes choppy and laggy. Flash seems to do the same, as it takes a second to exit full screen. I have been looking around on the forums but am unable to find a fix for this. Anybody have any ideas? I have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled adobe flash and I think the non-flash plugin (although if anybody has a link to that it'd be nice).

Running a HP Pavilion Entertainment Laptop with ubuntu 8.1 and firefox 3.0.4.

Thanks for any help I can get,
    Yonder Llama

Beans

Re: 网站推广的主要方法

Thats a massive explanation...if only I could read Japaneese.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Full Screen YouTube Choppy and Laggy

I have the same problem with flash videos, youtube videos, etc. I did not have this problem on 8.04. Does anybody have any ideal what is going on with this release? We need help please.
    Iguana

Registered Linux User #490719

Beans

Ha...figured it out. When installed it looks like ubuntu installs generic video drivers for the machine that work very well. (well enough that i didn't notice that the nvidia drivers were not installed for my card). Once i figured this out...I installed the recommended drivers in the package manager for my nvidia chipset...and BAM! It works. Awesome...hope this can help some others.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Well I use the Ati drivers and they work very well and I have no problems with 3d games or anything like that. I have found that I can disable compiz and performance is improved but I still have the choppy video when compiz is enabled and that is not acceptable when I had no problems with earlier versions. I'm starting to have a feeling it was a real mistake to change from 8.04 to 8.10. Any help out there?
    Iguana

Registered Linux User #490719

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

When I view youTube videos they are choppy without even going to full screen. The Southpark website is the same way. What is causing the Flash content to play so poorly?
    Ubuntu 8.10 i386
    Flash 10.0 r15
    Last edited by duanedesign; December 24th, 2008 at 06:38 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Yeah I am beginning to think Adobe does not like Linux very much.

If I make any progress getting my Flash to work better I will be sure to post it.
    Last edited by duanedesign; December 24th, 2008 at 06:37 AM.