Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Run Pro/Engineer WF 3.0 on Ubuntu 8.10

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Run Pro/Engineer WF 3.0 on Ubuntu 8.10

Hello,

I also have a problem to run the mechanism module. No solution so far. But during the installation, the file proe1 wasn't created. I'm using the one I have from version w2 but if someone can share its proe1 file, I will be grateful. Thanks.

Boris

Beans

Thanks for the tips. I installed Pro Engineer under Ubuntu 8.10 and it will start up but I have problem with the mouse. It is "delayed" when pointing and selecting objects. I have seen others having the same problem under Ubuntu but I have no solution. Does anyone here has the same problem?

Beans

Hi Firefox,

I am having the same problem that you had with ProE 3 WF...

I Used to have a different lappy, Asus F3Jr, with Ubuntu 7.10 installed...

I used to set the ethernet card to connect at boot time, in the network manager, and leave my wireless in roaming mode...

This way, everytime i ran ptchostid, it would return the mac adress of my ethernet... which was the license mac adress...

Somehow in Ubuntu 8.10 AMD64 which I use now in my HP Dv5 1170 I cannot do this "trick"...

How do I set my ethernet to "plug" at boot time...?

I am facing exactly the same problem that you had...

Did you solve it...? How did you manage to do it...?

Best regards

Alex

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hi all,
    Its works for me the only thing is that compiz doesn't start when I close Proe
    I'm a noob but hey.. a noob with Proe )
    If someone knows how it's working with this < -z "$PROE_PID" >
    just to have it perfect actually
    And.. Thank you!!!
    H.
    Last edited by dodjob; March 29th, 2009 at 01:52 PM.

Beans

thanks for the tips
    i had the same problem with compiz, fixed it with script used fo Eagle v.4, which had similar problems with compiz (curent version 5.6 is OK)

#!/bin/sh
    WORKING_DIR=$HOME/proe/working # where ever you want
    PROE_PATH=/home/"user"/proe/Wildfire3.0/bin # your install path

cd $WORKING_DIR
    export LANG=en_US
    export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1
    exec $PROE_PATH/proe

EDIT: found some problem, this script works only if Compiz-Switch is used, if you switch off and on compiz using Compiz-Switch then it works, you could turn ProE on/off several times after using Compiz-Switch with no problems, dont know why
    Last edited by uwabaki; October 11th, 2009 at 04:57 PM.

Beans

Hi!

I have some problems... I have almost completed the instalation, but at the start I receive this message:

"WARNING: senttrox-desktop appears to have the loopback address 127.0.1.1 as IP address This may imply that processes on senttrox-desktop may not be able to connect to non-local processes NVIDIA: could not open the device file /dev/nvidiactl (Permission denied)."

PTC starts and then..

"License request failed for feature PROE_DDiTy: -8:
    Invalid (inconsistent) license key.
    Displaying status for license file: /home/senttrox/Documents/ptc_licfile.dat
    License Server: none"

What is wrong?

Beans

anyone...?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks hambone for the tutorial on this install, which is very difficult to accomplish.

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to install Pro-E Wildfire 3.0 using the 64 bit version of Ubuntu 9.10? I'm using the Ubuntu Ultimate Edition 64 bit version, but wondering if i can install a 32 bit version of Wildfire in a 64 bit version of Ubuntu ? My version of Wildfire is the student version. Thanks.
    Last edited by OCEAN11; January 17th, 2010 at 04:46 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by senttrox View Post
    Hi!

I have some problems... I have almost completed the instalation, but at the start I receive this message:

"WARNING: senttrox-desktop appears to have the loopback address 127.0.1.1 as IP address This may imply that processes on senttrox-desktop may not be able to connect to non-local processes NVIDIA: could not open the device file /dev/nvidiactl (Permission denied)."

PTC starts and then..

"License request failed for feature PROE_DDiTy: -8:
    Invalid (inconsistent) license key.
    Displaying status for license file: /home/senttrox/Documents/ptc_licfile.dat
    License Server: none"

What is wrong?
    For starters, you are using a pirated copy of Pro/Engineer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by OCEAN11 View Post
    Thanks hambone for the tutorial on this install, which is very difficult to accomplish.

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to install Pro-E Wildfire 3.0 using the 64 bit version of Ubuntu 9.10? I'm using the Ubuntu Ultimate Edition 64 bit version, but wondering if i can install a 32 bit version of Wildfire in a 64 bit version of Ubuntu ? My version of Wildfire is the student version. Thanks.
    I have done it before in a virtual machine to see if it was possible, but I can't find my notes on the installation process. If I remember correctly, I had to install the 32bit version of the Motiff libraries to make it work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast