Thread: morphing scenes in video

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

morphing scenes in video

I've read as many threads as I can find on this forum on this subject and they all seem to be several years old. I'd like to bring it up again.

I would like to edit some videos. I particularly want to morph some scenes. I don't want a fade to black fade to next scene. I want the morph to be something like a vacant street morphing to the street with people and activity.

What new is in the repository available with apt-get?

TIA
    Dave
    "Let us run the risk of wearing out rather than rusting out." __Theodore Roosevelt

Beans

Re: morphing scenes in video

If you have installed the GIMP Animation Package then you can use the GAP's "Video->Morph" command as described in this tutorial.
    "We visited sixty-six islands and landed eighty-one times, wading, swimming (to shore). Most of the people were friendly and delightful; only two arrows shot at us, and only one went near -- So much for savages!" - J.C. Patterson

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Silvernail View Post
    I've read as many threads as I can find on this forum on this subject and they all seem to be several years old. I'd like to bring it up again.

I would like to edit some videos. I particularly want to morph some scenes. I don't want a fade to black fade to next scene. I want the morph to be something like a vacant street morphing to the street with people and activity.

What new is in the repository available with apt-get?

TIA
    Dave
    Clear transition.

All NLE proggies have that as standard.

It's not morphing. Morphing is stretching/shrinking one image into another. I did heaps of morphing in ImageFX (ancient, but still on sale and VERY useful AMIGA program).

CineMorph, which is a sub program of ImageFX is the proggie that they used in Terminator two. Where the checkered floor Morphs into T2.

Here's morphing taking place on an ancient (1989) Amiga 500 with 1 meg of ram !!

Morphing <---

Amiga really was King of special effects. Many of todays proggies started life as an amiga program. Lightwave - (Part of the Amiga Video toaster), MainConcept, Imagine, Real 3D, Cinema 4d.

List of movies <---that used Amigas.

Shame what happened.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Silvernail, I think what you are thinking of is a transition effect called a "dissolve." Morphing is what the person up above described.

And yes, any NLE program worth it's weight in... anything, will have a dissolve option. They may have named it something else in your particular software, but it should be in with any other transitional effects.

Cheers
    Last edited by BunnyGirlDoom; November 22nd, 2008 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Stellar typing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thanks guys. I'll go check these out.
    "Let us run the risk of wearing out rather than rusting out." __Theodore Roosevelt