Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead group?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Angry Dead group?

Is the Arkansas Team still functional? I just signed up all ready to get things going, but there is no activity anywhere. IRC, mailing list, this forum... all silent. Did I just catch it at a bad time?
    - Silverglade00

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Dead group?

Quote Originally Posted by silverglade00 View Post
    Is the Arkansas Team still functional? I just signed up all ready to get things going, but there is no activity anywhere. IRC, mailing list, this forum... all silent. Did I just catch it at a bad time?
    We're not dead yet! Some of us just move VERY slowly....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Heh heh, well I knew Arkansas was laid back compared to my home state of California, but I wasn't expecting THIS! Nice to meetcha Tommy.
    - Silverglade00

Beans

Yep. We're around.

I'm relatively new to all this. Good to meet you.
    Regards,Old Dirty Turtle
    Desktop/Test Machine: Dell Dimension 8200, Intel Pentium 4, 512 Mhz. Hardy Heron.
    Laptop/Main: System76 Serval Pro, Intel Core2 Duo T9600 2.83 Ghz, nVidia, 4 Gb. Jaunty.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I'm still kicking around as well. I just tend to lurk.. bad habits die hard and all.
    One thousand years ago, superstition and the sword ruled. It was a time of darkness. It was a world of fear. It was the age of.. gargoyles!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Smile Re: Dead group?

I am in Little Rock. Using Ausu eeeP. And 10.04. But need local
    Tech help!

Gene

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I am once again alive! I am also in Little Rock. I'm thinking 11.04 release party at my place. It's an apartment but it's nice, right by the river. I should be able to secure the use of the common room... maybe...

Anyhow! Let me know what you think!

Also, someone was needing tech help?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Gene_s View Post
    I am in Little Rock. Using Ausu eeeP. And 10.04. But need local
    Tech help!

Gene
    Howdy -- have you posted your problem(s) in any of the forums? Maybe we can help... I used to have an ASUS eeePC 900, and I used it for a couple of years (wore out a Patriot SSD upgrade, too, which they replaced). I installed 10.04 Netbook Edition on it before I gave it away a few months ago, but I might remember some stuff.

If you haven't posted your question somewhere else go ahead and create a NEW thread, preferably in the Hardware & Laptop forum and link it here.

If you post the question here MAYBE we can suggest something, but as you can tell this particular forum isn't the place for QUICK responses.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Drate View Post
    I am also in Little Rock. I'm thinking 11.04 release party at my place. It's an apartment but it's nice, right by the river. I should be able to secure the use of the common room... maybe...
    A release party would be fun. If you decide to give it a go, you might also want to announce it on all the local lists and groups...

I think http://www.arkansasgeekcentral.com/ has most of the local computer groups listed, so you might want to promote any release party among all the linux groups. Maybe even if they are far away; maybe we can have some virtual participation, too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

not a bad plan!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast