Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Power Management gui

Beans

Re: Power Management gui

glad you like the gui, I will continue development on it, but I'm currently moving to germany so it may be a couple weeks before anything happens with it. If you have any problems just leave a bug report on the google code page or here and I'll be checking in every couple days if I can.

Beans

I've been using your gui for a few months and I think it's great! I have found 2 bugs to report:

- Some settings (HDPARM), maybe all, aren't remembered when I resume from suspend. I have to change power state (e.g. plug in or remove the AC adapter) after resuming to get the proper settings.

- Manual switching of power modes usually doesn't work. I can change it once, but then the gui seems to freeze and won't let me change back.

Beans

Thanks for the reports, if you could file them on the google code page I would appreciate it, that way I won't forget about them while I'm on the way to germany. I'll take a look at them when I get a chance, but it may be a few weeks, hopefully by then though I can make another release with a few more features (and fix your bugs)

Beans

Sup iggy.

You might remember I asked for an interface to set my battery load status to a custom level. Must have been somewhere around page 5 or so. However, you asked me to let you know if I stumble upon sth.

And well, finally I did. Unfortunately it's a driver module for my Laptop (Compal FL90) which creates exactly what I was looking for:

Maybe it's possible to create something similar generic?

Just wanted to let you know... L8r

Beans

I can look into it again, I'll have to find out if the driver uses something hardware specific or if it's some type of acpi call I can use or something. Thanks for pointing it out.

Beans

well I've finally got back to working on wattospm, new update to svn should fix the issues with xbacklight. I'll start looking back into the issues you guys reported now that I'm settled into my house in germany.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Welcome back...
    If you have any news, let us know...
    As you know, there are many people that want to help...
    cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by iggykoopa View Post
    well I've finally got back to working on wattospm, new update to svn should fix the issues with xbacklight. I'll start looking back into the issues you guys reported now that I'm settled into my house in germany.

Beans

Thanks right now I'm working on a power usage graph...should have it working in a little while. If you could test if xbacklight is working for you now it would help. it's not on my dev machine because KMS on intel video cards breaks xbacklight(running 9.10 right now).

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819