Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Vertical Farming a good thing!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mystic Ruin
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Exclamation Vertical Farming a good thing!

    The fact we haven't started using vertical farms is ridiculous! But instead of trying to go through the reasons myself I implore you to look through the vertical farms website. It probably does better job then i can do. =P The start page goes through some basic advanges, just scroll down to find them. (Not hard to spot.)

    Note: I'm trying to sell the idea of vertical farming not necessarily their plans.
    Last edited by MasterNetra; November 19th, 2008 at 11:43 PM.
    Diaspora Handle: masternetra@diasp.org

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    1,395

    Re: Vertical Farming a good thing!

    Oh yeah.... How did we ever get by before?


    Thanks you have brightned my day....
    Hmmm...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Beans
    441

    Re: Vertical Farming a good thing!

    Some people say they would be vulnerable in a strong wind. But for heavens sake, who's to say there's going to be a strong wind?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mystic Ruin
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Vertical Farming a good thing!

    Quote Originally Posted by mister_pink View Post
    Some people say they would be vulnerable in a strong wind. But for heavens sake, who's to say there's going to be a strong wind?
    Aye and the strong wind thing doesn't stop the building of skyscrapers in general now does it?
    Diaspora Handle: masternetra@diasp.org

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mystic Ruin
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Vertical Farming a good thing!

    Also a additional benefit..

    Sense the crops are grown indoors the temperatures can be control, and artificial lighting can be used. Which means should something happen to..oh say, block out the sun (super volcanoes going off, meteors, etc) the vertical farms wouldn't be phased by the lack of sun, unlike traditional farms.
    Diaspora Handle: masternetra@diasp.org

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lower 48, US
    Beans
    511
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: Vertical Farming a good thing!

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNetra View Post
    Also a additional benefit..

    Sense the crops are grown indoors the temperatures can be control, and artificial lighting can be used. Which means should something happen to..oh say, block out the sun (super volcanoes going off, meteors, etc) the vertical farms wouldn't be phased by the lack of sun, unlike traditional farms.
    Yes! Let's all plan towards the end of the world!


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mystic Ruin
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Vertical Farming a good thing!

    Quote Originally Posted by kevin11951 View Post
    Yes! Let's all plan towards the end of the world!

    The point is to be ready just in case. But vertical farming is ideal even in normal conditions.
    Diaspora Handle: masternetra@diasp.org

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Scotland
    Beans
    1,305
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

    Re: Vertical Farming a good thing!

    think of all the skyscraper farms we could build if we cleared all the forests, man, i can hardly wait to go for a walk in the countryside then!
    Linux user #435981 / Ubuntu user #9751

    "...when i hear the voices, i ignore them, and do something constructive, like play with my ubuntu..."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Beans
    198
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Vertical Farming a good thing!

    Quote Originally Posted by kevin11951 View Post
    Yes! Let's all plan towards the end of the world!

    Well, it is going to happen one day. Better safe than sorry.
    If someone asks you to sudo rm -rf anything, don't do it! Seriously. Don't.
    <(^^,)>

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mystic Ruin
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Vertical Farming a good thing!

    Quote Originally Posted by smoker View Post
    think of all the skyscraper farms we could build if we cleared all the forests, man, i can hardly wait to go for a walk in the countryside then!
    They can be placed within cities too...They are buildings after all. O.o
    Diaspora Handle: masternetra@diasp.org

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •