Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey, ya'll!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Hey, ya'll!

Time to regulate and get these privates in line!

MOS? 11Bulletcatcher, about to be a POG (37F).

And by about, I mean leaving for Benning next thursday for Jump School, and then on to Bragg for AIT.
    Last edited by Ancalagon82; January 24th, 2009 at 11:25 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Benning? That's my neck of the woods (about 30 miles away). BTW, my MOS=63b. I'm the guy who kept grunts from humping it all the time. From my time in the Army I learned three kinds of people not to screw with:

1)Supply (for obvious reasons)
    2)Cooks (for obvious reasons)
    3)Mechanics (b/c "Would you rather be walking"?)

I'm done with the Army now. I wish I could go back, but after my back surgery they won't take my back. Good luck with getting your wings and don't let the Sgt's Airbourne give you too much s**t.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by spcwingo View Post
    Benning? That's my neck of the woods (about 30 miles away). BTW, my MOS=63b. I'm the guy who kept grunts from humping it all the time. From my time in the Army I learned three kinds of people not to screw with:

1)Supply (for obvious reasons)
    2)Cooks (for obvious reasons)
    3)Mechanics (b/c "Would you rather be walking"?)

I'm done with the Army now. I wish I could go back, but after my back surgery they won't take my back. Good luck with getting your wings and don't let the Sgt's Airbourne give you too much s**t.
    Will do. My little brothers at Auburn* right now, and I look forward to getting to chill with him on the weekends.

63B = Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic, yes?

Don't forget Finance! Always want a hook up in Finance!

Sorry to hear about the back, did they give you a good %?

*Well, Southern Union technically But he's accepted for next year!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon82 View Post
    Will do. My little brothers at Auburn* right now, and I look forward to getting to chill with him on the weekends.

63B = Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic, yes?

Don't forget Finance! Always want a hook up in Finance!

Sorry to hear about the back, did they give you a good %?

*Well, Southern Union technically But he's accepted for next year!
    Yes, 63b is mechanic (light wheeled). You got that right about finance...Definitely don't want somebody screwing up your pay. As far as my back...I hurt it right after I got out (3 months after I got out) so I have no disability. Your bro is at the onion? Wow, that's only about 5 min from Ft. Living-room. I did about a year in Southern Union (I need to get back and finish already) for industrial maintenance. It's a very good school as far as Community Colleges go...very good professors and very small classes. I personally learned alot my short time there. Anyways, good luck to both of ya.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by spcwingo View Post
    I hurt it right after I got out (3 months after I got out) so I have no disability.
    My old teamleader got out right after we got back. 6 months later he filed at the VA for both his knees and 'PTSD.' Getting a nice fat paycheck now. *******.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon82 View Post
    My old teamleader got out right after we got back. 6 months later he filed at the VA for both his knees and 'PTSD.' Getting a nice fat paycheck now. *******.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that. Got back? You got to play in the sandbox too? I did 14 months in the Al Dora precinct of Baghdad right before I got out. The bad part was I got involuntarily transferred to another unit in Feb. '03. In Mar. I was sitting in Benning. In May exactly 1 week before my ETS we touched down in Kuwait. I was involuntarily extended the remainder of the time I was there. Most of my IRR time was spent getting shot at. When we got back I did the last few months of my IRR as active. When that time was up I got out of dodge. Looking back now I probably would have just transferred to the Air Force after I seen how those guys lived over there and probably would have ended up as a lifer. You live and you learn, I guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12