Thread: I discovered the Mirage extension for Banshee!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I discovered the Mirage extension for Banshee!

I was poking around installing Banshee again (now that 1.x is in the official repository!) and came across a young extension called Mirage that comes from a separate package.

It does automatic playlist generation, like Apple's "Genius" thing but faster (it seems), without smothering all my system resources and with a cooler name. It also came first. So hah!

Oh, and it's really awesome software, to boot. Just drag a track into the Playlist Generator and a bunch of other similar tracks appear along with it. It's quite spooky. Combine that with the Last.FM-powered recommendations (view -> show recommendations) and we have something spectacular.

I can't help but wonder what would happen if someone pushed out a paper-thin iPod killer and integrated it with Banshee. Even right now it could work perfectly, since you can download tracks from last.fm and such.
    All we need is a directory of podcasts and radio stations integrated with the program. Something like the Miro Guide
    Last edited by Mr. Picklesworth; November 19th, 2008 at 01:25 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: I discovered the Mirage extension for Banshee!

It does do some funny things over time, though. I start with my Myst soundtracks and every time, without exception, it turns into Radiohead within about 6 tracks.