Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [SOLVED] dialog boxes dont work with desktop effects

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: dialog boxes dont work with desktop effects

I'm having the exact same issue running 8.10 on an HP G60-125NR. At first I thought the problem was only occuring with programs that connect to the internet, because I first noticed it trying to download/upload files to emails. Seems it's true with OpenOffice and text editor files as well.

I'll continue to scour the web for solutions, and post here if I find anything.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

So I discovered (at least for me) that if you maximize the save dialogue window, the problem is resolved. I was also having the "frozen window" issue with Thunderbird, and maximizing the window also resolves that issue. Just something to make 8.10 more usable until we figure out a real fix.

Beans

Seems to work on my G60-125NR running Compiz Fusion and Ubuntu Ultimate Edition 2.0 64 bit. Pic below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate Edition Links

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by the_Ben View Post
    So I discovered (at least for me) that if you maximize the save dialogue window, the problem is resolved. I was also having the "frozen window" issue with Thunderbird, and maximizing the window also resolves that issue. Just something to make 8.10 more usable until we figure out a real fix.

It works!!!!! I have been trying to figure this out for weeks. I have been on the compiz-fusion forum and this forum and have had no luck. Thank you so much for the workaround.

Something I noticed was that I typed a name in the dialog box while in Compiz. I then remembered the dialog boxes dont work in Compiz. I switched to Metacity and the name I had typed was there. This makes me think that maybe the dialog boxes arent "frozen" they are just not redrawing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123