Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Port Fowarding

Beans

Port Fowarding

I installed Joint Operations on 8.04 LTS and get a code nwec 15 within the game when I try to Play on line online. I forwaded The ports I need within the router and established a static IP adress using system> admin > network. Is there anything else I need to do in UBUNTU for port forwarding

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: Port Fowarding

Are you running a firewall?

Beans

No firewall. I can connect to the internet through firefox and I can send and recieve e mail

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

That doesn't mean you don't have a firewall.

Beans
    Distro

Things like email and web browsers are automatically setup to be able to get through the firewall. Online play? Not so much.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by worthawg View Post
    I installed Joint Operations on 8.04 LTS and get a code nwec 15 within the game when I try to Play on line online. I forwaded The ports I need within the router and established a static IP adress using system> admin > network. Is there anything else I need to do in UBUNTU for port forwarding
    Are you running it in wine?
    Hmmm...

Beans

Yes running it through wine

If I unknowingly have a firewall up how can I determine that? I am a total noob here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

You've made sure that your Network Manager has you connecting using that static IP address?

If so, try using a free, online port-checking tool, such as http://www.canyouseeme.org/

Personally, I've never gotten Ubuntu to accept a forwarded port. But checking to see if the basic process was done right is the first step, so make sure that:
    • Your router has that correct port forwarded.
    • That port is forwarded for the static IP address you have chosen (i.e. 192.168.1.xxx, xxx being something like 130).
    • You have set the Network Manager to connect to your specific wireless network with that static IP address.
    • Your router accepts static IP addresses in that range that you have specified (some routers will not take more than x number of addresses).
    • You have no firewall software running.

Beans
    Distro

Networking in WINE is rather... Well, games are a better idea in a real Windows install anyways.

Beans

I tried a few of those port checking sites like you suggested and it seems all the ports I tried to test are blocked including ports like 80,25 110. Is there online tutorial I can walk myself through on this matter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast