Thread: A good email client for mailing lists?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

A good email client for mailing lists?

So I really like my mailing lists. Really like them. However, my current email client (Evolution) does not do much for me except for a "reply to list" function and search folders (which I can talk into organizing my lists if I manually do it for each one). Gmail itself can filter mailing lists to a specific folder and I could organize them in there, but again it's just filters.

What I want is an email client that does threading really well, links me to versions of messages in HTML archives (since everything uses Mailman...), subscribes to lists automagically and organizes lists intelligently so I can click through them somewhat like web forums.

Doesn't have to be those features specifically, of course; just something that says it's good at mailing lists.

Is there such a beast?

Beans

Re: A good email client for mailing lists?

It doesn't have any special mailing list features, but I like alpine a lot.

Beans

For threading, it's hard to beat Gmail. I've heard that some people really like mutt for mailing lists, but I've never used mutt for that myself, so I can't say too much.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I read my mailing lists with a news client (pan) through gmane. If gmane has the lists you're interested in, this might be an alternative to an email client.

It does threading quite well (though it breaks from time to time), you can choose the lists from within the program, and each list is its own group. Gmane also keeps a complete archive, so you can read threads that are years old if you want. And you can keep your mail client clean for your personal conversations ^^