Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ibex: The configuration defaults for GNOME Power Manager have not been installed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ibex: The configuration defaults for GNOME Power Manager have not been installed

I had the same problem with Ubuntu 9.04.
    Manually creating the directory
    Code:
    /var/lib/gconf/default/
    fixed my problem.
    I figured this out by looking at the error message that Synaptic displayed on the console.

Beans

Re: Ibex: The configuration defaults for GNOME Power Manager have not been installed

i cant do sudo dpkg --configure -a, i recieve a messsage in terminal stating status area database is locked by another process.

just installed 9.10 and everything other than my wallpaper is gone. why does this happen every freakin time i upgrade its a PITA. i cant activate my NVIDIA driver, so i cant run extra desktop effects, my sound isnt working... ugh.. i love ubuntu but i hate fixing it every damned install

Beans

i also cant run synaptic package manager.

Beans

None of the solutions here worked for me, i'm using karmic, I in the end just reinstalled the desktop including gnome.

Code:
    sudo apt-get --reinstall install ubuntu-desktop
    The only things I lost were my WiFi settings, didn't even have to set my custom theme again.

Hope this helps somebody

Beans

I am having the same problem, were do i go to try sudo dpkg --configure -a?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by abohanon06 View Post
    I am having the same problem, were do i go to try sudo dpkg --configure -a?
    Press Ctrl+Alt+1, enter your credentials and you can use this terminal to run the command lines.

Beans

Fixed this error... space issue in root volume as outlined at:

http://www.absolutelytech.com/2010/0...manager-error/

Hope this helps

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Same for me. This was just because my root was full. I had accidently copied 50 GB in /media/. So I typed Ctrl-Alt-F2, logged in, found the culprit data, and removed it with rm -Rf. End of story. Thanks to mrcash for indicating what this obscure error message might mean.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Unhappy Re: Ibex: The configuration defaults for GNOME Power Manager have not been installed

I'm getting the error message in the subject line of this thread when I try to log in to Gnome. I'm given an ugly gray box that asks me to log in, but it fails every time. I'm logging in to the command prompt screen via Ctrl+Alt+F1 and deleting & uninstalling all I can. I even cleared out /var/log and it still won't log me in to Gnome. df -h says I have 2GB free on my hard drive, so clearly there are some unaccounted for files or processes eating up my drive space. I noticed a lot of large files in /var/ and other root level directories but don't know enough about what I can safely delete or not. I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 on an IBM ThinkPad T43 if that helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Talking Re: Ibex: The configuration defaults for GNOME Power Manager have not been installed

Hi,

We have solved this issue in one of the Laptop.

The problem was with Hard disk space. The / (root) partition was almost full.

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast