Thread: How to save & edit scite options?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

How to save & edit scite options?

Normally, when starting scite, line number display is off, and intend settings use tab.

I want scite to have always line numbers on and using 4 spaces instead of tab, when I start scite.

There are some scite config files but I ain't got an idea how to make line numbers on by default,
    or how to change the default intend settings.

Thanks.
    Keyboard not found!

Press any key to continue...

Beans

Re: How to save & edit scite options?

I too once wonder back then why "show line number" is not persitent. still haven't find an answer to that, i just thought of it as more of a feature.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfuturamanoob View Post
    There are some scite config files but I ain't got an idea how to make line numbers on by default,
    or how to change the default intend settings.
    Run Scite using gtksu.

Code:
    gksu scite
    Then look in the menus for an item called global options (or something to that effect). It will open up the global options configuration file. You can edit the file to set the options to what you want.

It's been a long time since I used Scite, but that's definitely the way to do it if you want to set the options globally.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by samjh View Post
    Run Scite using gtksu.

Code:
    gksu scite
    Then look in the menus for an item called global options (or something to that effect). It will open up the global options configuration file. You can edit the file to set the options to what you want.

It's been a long time since I used Scite, but that's definitely the way to do it if you want to set the options globally.
    Thanks!

Finally, I don't have to always set the line numbers on and edit intend settings when doing something with scite.

And I use scite every day for everything, and I got usually multiple files open with multiple scite windows.
    Keyboard not found!

Press any key to continue...

Beans

How do you modify the Scite startup options so that "line numbers" are displayed by default when you open the application?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

As I posted above, run Scite using gksu:
    Code:
    gksu scite
    In the menu bar, select Global Properties (I'm not sure which heading it's under).

Somewhere around the top third of the configuration options, there should be an option like line.margin.visible. I think it's 0 by default, so set it to 1.

Beans

Thanks the key was "gksu"