Thread: xbmc iso files not working properly

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

xbmc iso files not working properly

hello

i copied the iso off of a dvd (harry potter and the order of the phoenix) using k3b but when i went into xbmc, it would get half way through the warner brothers logo then crash (xbmc would close and the mouse won't work untill i go back into xbmc and close it properly). i tried ripping it with k9copy and the same thing happened. i ran xbmc in the terminal and this is what it said:
    xbjoshua@MediaBox:~$ xbmc
    xbmc.bin: vm.c:1493: process_command: Assertion `0' failed.
    Aborted (core dumped)
    any ideas?
    im running ubuntu 8.04 and the new xbmc (cant remember the name)

-joshua
    Evil terminator ran on windows, the good terminator ran on ubuntu. shows you that it is good to switch or sarah connor would have been killed by bill gates.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: xbmc iso files not working properly

I know this is an old post but I was having the same issue. I fix it by increasing the "Video/Audio/DVD - HardDisk" cache setting to 2048kb from 256kb. Setting is found in menu Settings->Cache->Video/Audio/DVD - HardDisk

I believe the cause (at least for me) is that I had the ISO located in mounted network smb shares and linux sees mounted shares as local disk. After changing this setting I haven't had an issue. Only been a week so we'll see.