Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Feedback for Online Photo Album

  1. #1

    Feedback for Online Photo Album

    Hi everyone,

    I have been working on a project which presents important documents in an attractive online eBook format. Most recently I have been looking at extending what my book can be used for. I was thinking in terms of photo albums.

    This is what I have so far and would really value any kind of feedback.

    P.S. Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place, but I really wasn't sure where would be appropriate.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Beans
    3,025
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Feedback for Online Photo Album

    nice.
    beautiful photos, good presentation.

  3. #3

    Re: Feedback for Online Photo Album

    Quote Originally Posted by koenn View Post
    nice.
    beautiful photos, good presentation.
    Thank you. I don't suppose you can think of anything that's missing in terms of functionality?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Beans
    55

    Re: Feedback for Online Photo Album

    Nice work.

    I would do a version that is just static and more traditional, for people that might be annoyed by the way your site displays photo's with the page turn thing. Personally, I like that, but alot of potential customers might not.

  5. #5

    Re: Feedback for Online Photo Album

    Quote Originally Posted by Dixon Bainbridge View Post
    Nice work.

    I would do a version that is just static and more traditional, for people that might be annoyed by the way your site displays photo's with the page turn thing. Personally, I like that, but alot of potential customers might not.
    Sorry, I am not sure I fully understand you. Do you mean that the photo's shouldn't be shown when the page is turning?

    Thanks for the feedback!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Beans
    55

    Re: Feedback for Online Photo Album

    I mean, just produce a static version, with thumbnails. So, on the homepage, have a choice for the user for animated or static.

  7. #7

    Re: Feedback for Online Photo Album

    Quote Originally Posted by Dixon Bainbridge View Post
    I mean, just produce a static version, with thumbnails. So, on the homepage, have a choice for the user for animated or static.
    Oh right, thank you for clearing that up for me. Thats not a bad idea at all. I was actually thinking about building a thumbnail viewer into it aswel.

    Thank you for taking some time out to provide feedback.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Feedback for Online Photo Album

    The album metaphor is nice. However, I think the 'buy me' buttons are a bit obtrusive. They also ruin the appearance of the page. The zoom function is worthless to me since you practically can not see an image for all the lettering. Lastly, I suggest to consider a color for the background of the page which is a bit less saturated. Some of the pictures look pale or dirty against that red background. Also, the green which is initially shown and the red into which it changes both cause me slight visual disturbances.

  9. #9

    Re: Feedback for Online Photo Album

    Quote Originally Posted by pp. View Post
    The album metaphor is nice. However, I think the 'buy me' buttons are a bit obtrusive. They also ruin the appearance of the page. The zoom function is worthless to me since you practically can not see an image for all the lettering. Lastly, I suggest to consider a color for the background of the page which is a bit less saturated. Some of the pictures look pale or dirty against that red background. Also, the green which is initially shown and the red into which it changes both cause me slight visual disturbances.
    I agree, the buy me buttons are a little obtrusive. The green colour you describe can be fixed. I must have missed it, it was supposed to be the same red

    Your comments on the zoom are interesting. Does anyone else share this view? Is their too much lettering in the album?

    Thanks for all the input.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reykjavík, Iceland
    Beans
    1,555
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Feedback for Online Photo Album

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash R View Post
    Your comments on the zoom are interesting. Does anyone else share this view? Is their too much lettering in the album
    No there is not too much letters (as in titles for the pictures). But you could have it like if you push the name of the picture it gives info on where it was taken, instead of writing it beneath the title.

    This flash... thing.. could be very clean and nice, but I am not sure if I would want to watch pictures casually like this, this is perhaps too much "showoff", which may be acceptable and even a plus to some people.

    About letters though...
    When you zoom they are obscuring the picture too much, you dont need to have that many letters on the picture, but instead you can have them 100% visible, instead of having many that are kind of transparent.


    Other than that, this is VERY GOOD. The pictures are astonishing , with few exceptions. When you did the "sky mask" when you change the colours of the sky it begins to look as some things are glowing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •