Thread: HDD to USB Error

Beans

Question HDD to USB Error

I have just recently started using Ubuntu and like it a lot but so far I cannot copy files to any type of flash drive. Every time It gives me this error message: There was an error copying the file into /media/NEW VOLUME. Error Splicing file: Input/Output error. What happens is i try to copy a file (around 500mb) and it starts off fast but it eventually slows to a crawl before completing 3/4ths of the transfer the throwing that error message. I thought maybe it was the format of the drive at first, but then after reformatting the problem was still there. I thought maybe it was because it had the U3 software on there. Removed that but still didn't work. I try it on my windows machine and it does it perfectly. What have i not thought of or is there a size limit in moving to usb?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HDD to USB Error

Quote Originally Posted by It'sMeMario View Post
    I have just recently started using Ubuntu and like it a lot but so far I cannot copy files to any type of flash drive. Every time It gives me this error message: There was an error copying the file into /media/NEW VOLUME. Error Splicing file: Input/Output error. What happens is i try to copy a file (around 500mb) and it starts off fast but it eventually slows to a crawl before completing 3/4ths of the transfer the throwing that error message. I thought maybe it was the format of the drive at first, but then after reformatting the problem was still there. I thought maybe it was because it had the U3 software on there. Removed that but still didn't work. I try it on my windows machine and it does it perfectly. What have i not thought of or is there a size limit in moving to usb?
    no solution... yet http://www.uluga.ubuntuforums.org/sh....php?t=1500384
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.